Roland Cloud down for maintenance so my products are unauthorized?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I updated to latest cloud manager yesterday and run mojave and also had some problems, but only with concerto. It didn’t accept my login, all other cloud plugins were fine tho. They seem to have different login method, concerto uses manager to login, which kept logging me out so concerto keeps telling me to retry after logging in. I didn’t try rebooting yet tho.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 am
v1o wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:33 am
sprnva wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:44 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:41 am You can download the installers from the NI website and keep a personal archive. Komplete even comes with a physical hard drive that has installers.
But how would you activate them?
NI use serial numbers.
Which are only keys for a C/R system. C/R goes down permanently? No more installations that work.
Honestly even in the worst case scenario were NI to ever go belly up, their system is easy to defeat. It is in no way comparable to cloud activation or even a physical dongle.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Haven't heard from Roland support regarding the latest RolandCloudManager-2-4-0f.dmg crashes on Mojave. Ready to pull the plug. Has anyone heard back?

popskull wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:57 am Haven't heard from Roland support regarding the latest RolandCloudManager-2-4-0f.dmg crashes on Mojave. Ready to pull the plug. Has anyone heard back?
Sent a support request yesterday. I updated RCM and I am experiencing crashes too. :-(
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:15 am
popskull wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:57 am Haven't heard from Roland support regarding the latest RolandCloudManager-2-4-0f.dmg crashes on Mojave. Ready to pull the plug. Has anyone heard back?
Sent a support request yesterday. I updated RCM and I am experiencing crashes too. :-(
good luck guys. they move like a glacier.

and then they pretend there is no problem.

although it seems lately the only thing they update is the RCM (rather than the plugs, new or old :dog: :x ), so maybe this will be different. i hope so for your sake.

Roland Cloud is very unstable on both my Mojave computers.
It starts and then crashes when trying to update something or even when clicking through the different categories.
I had no problems in the past, also not on Mojave, until about 2 months ago.
So I guess the Roland Cloud team broke something in one of their updates.

With a LOT of patience (going through 10, 20 Roland Cloud software crashes), I can still get my software updated.

PatrickW wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 am Roland Cloud is very unstable on both my Mojave computers.
It starts and then crashes when trying to update something or even when clicking through the different categories.
I had no problems in the past, also not on Mojave, until about 2 months ago.
So I guess the Roland Cloud team broke something in one of their updates.

With a LOT of patience (going through 10, 20 Roland Cloud software crashes), I can still get my software updated.
That is very weird. I am on Catalina and was expecting crashes and general instability, but so far experienced no issues at all :)

Atlatnesiti wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:40 pm That is very weird. I am on Catalina and was expecting crashes and general instability, but so far experienced no issues at all :)
So, to make RCM compatible with Catalina, the made it incompatible with previous versions of the OS? :x
Fernando (FMR)

I think it may depend on the hardware. I'm running it without any obvious issues under Mojave - but it's a fairly new machine. If I get a chance later I can try and install it on an older (laptop) machine to see what happens - maybe something will come up.

I just received an answer to my support request, asking for the LOG, crash report and details about the computer. Sent those, and got another answer saying the developers are working on it. So, it seems they are aware already of the problem.
Fernando (FMR)

felis wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:18 am You don't have a product.
:?:

GOD - Why don't they just sell the synths individually! :evil:

Subscription-based software model is so bad when applied to instruments - especially when it relies on an internet connection. I was impressed by the demos of their software, but WHY do they supply it in the most idiotic way possible. I'm not interested in all the products - just like one or two. Do they really need to squeeze every penny from anyone that wants to use only one of their synths?

I really hope they at least bring back the loyalty program - or something to ensure your "investment" will be worthwhile after unsubscribing potentially years at $20 a month.

I also wonder if they really think people aren't just pirating this stuff. I see no reason why someone wouldn't if Roland wants to make it that expensive and a pain in the ass to use one synth. They should just go with a rent-to-own model for individual synths. :dog:

fmr wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:43 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:40 pm That is very weird. I am on Catalina and was expecting crashes and general instability, but so far experienced no issues at all :)
So, to make RCM compatible with Catalina, the made it incompatible with previous versions of the OS? :x
A whole week and no response from Roland Support. Still crashes on Mojave.

commodore wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 pm
I really hope they at least bring back the loyalty program - or something to ensure your "investment" will be worthwhile after unsubscribing potentially years at $20 a month.
Have they officially dropped this program? I'm almost at my 2nd year and was going for the four licenses before pulling out.

rjames25 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 am
commodore wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 pm
Have they officially dropped this program? I'm almost at my 2nd year and was going for the four licenses before pulling out.
They still have it going for people who bought in when that was active. New signups don't get it though.

Return to “Instruments”