How to make this pluck

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am not sure that kind of sound is this, is it really pluck or a guitar>?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBN5tn-PCw
around 0.15 - 0.20 its played several times

On the genre I am aiming for, I listen this sound over and over, and I just cant do it,

help appreciated!

I might be wrong but to me it actually sounds like a clean tone palm muted electric guitar (on a bridge single coil if I have to guess it all :clown: ).
And the facts that those notes in the 4 bars loop seem to have slightly different length/tone/dynamics makes me think that was actually recorded with a real guitar rather than a sample based vsti.
Regardless, it sounds quite "real" to me, although I think some physical modelling synths can do that type of string pluck reasonably well.
With other synthesis methods I personally wouldn't bother, but who knows :wink:

What are your go to synthesizers? I can try and make a preset for this.

yeah pretty sure THAT is a real guitar or a sample of such
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

I have sylenth, spire, serum and VPS avenger

Does this looks like the same result,? what do you think guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdpJuDTHBhY

The first one you posted, as I previously said, sounds like an actual palm muted electric guitar to me (either sampled or performed).
This last one clearly sounds like a (nice) guitar-like synth patch.

And saying it clearly sounds like a synth patch doesn't mean it sucks... it's just a different thing and a stylistic choice, and unless the genre/song really requires a more realistic sound, I don't see why that patch shouldn't work in the context of a solid song structure, arrangement and mix.

qoyl wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:01 pm What are your go to synthesizers? I can try and make a preset for this.
did you try this :)

Try this with VPS Avenger.
Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

damn it doesnt load in my vps avenger due to have an old version of it.

Return to “Sound Design”