Professional asks, is my MFreeformPhase broken?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
ProfessionalTom
KVRian
519 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:50 pm

I have a problem with using MFreeformPhase plugin by meldaproductions.

No matter how I adjust the phase it does not change anything, as if the plugin were in the bypass mode (and it's not).

I'm monitoring its work with Correlometer from voxengo and I see that my changes in MFreeformPhase vst does not change anyhing.

I had an issue with a bass frequencies, from about 20 to 100 hz.

When I tweak them with PhaseBug plugin, everything works, and is back in phase (but that plugin affects the whole spectrum and not only certain frequencies, so I had to do a little secret, pro workaround here).

So I want to use MFreeformPhase plugin to repair the phase in bass frequencies without having to do some workarounds like in PhaseBug plugin. It's inverted by 180 degree, just like with PhaseBug. And here's how it looks:

No difference at all. Why?

And yes the Phase adjustment plugin is before Correlometer, so it should show the difference.

Any ideas? Maybe some of you know some other good phase adjustment tool for individual frequencies?
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

imrae
KVRian
830 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Re: Professional asks, is my MFreeformPhase broken?

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Your MFreeformPhase is set to affect both L & R channels together

Stereobug tweaks them independently

The correlation meter is set to compare the L & R channels with each other

ProfessionalTom
KVRian
519 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Re: Professional asks, is my MFreeformPhase broken?

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Well it worked! I'm very happy that the issue was actually this trivial, and not something more mind boggling.

That was first time I used this plugin and I didn't see the option for affecting L+R together. I set it to left and everything's fine now.

Thanks a lot! :)
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

Return to “Production Techniques”