Search a Bass Synth with a lot of Pressure

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey friends,

i search for a Analouge Monophonic Bass Synth with a lot of Fat Pressure on the Low End.
I mean that kind of pressure where your Subwoofer start to work and let you feel the Bass in your whole Body.

It should have a way to create Sine Wave

It should have an Midi In DIN Port (Midi Out would be good but not mandatory)

Price Range Max.400€

What would you recommend ?

A Moog or Minimoog clone would be your best option I think (Behringer Model D). However, if you get that feeling in your stomach or not also depends on your amplifier, the speaker and the volume.

P.S. On most synths you get a pure sine wave by choosing a triangular wave and closing the (low pass) filter a bit.
Last edited by MeneerJansen on Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd also vote for the Behringer Model D.

Not sure about the sine wave thing though. To get more beef, the typical way would be to layer a sine wave which plays one octave lower than the bass frequency of the upper layer, but, in the end, all the waveforms are just made up from sine wave partials, right? Doubt you'd need that one the Behringer anyway. It's "fat" by default.

Cool the Model D was also one of the favorites on my List.

I also had an eye on the Korg Monologue , Novation Bass Station 2 , Arturia Microbrute, but it seem the Model D is the King of the Low End Fatness :)

Thanks for the hint with the filter.

Bady89 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:11 pm I also had an eye on the Korg Monologue , Novation Bass Station 2 , Arturia Microbrute
They can all produce sub bass. Of the above Id go for the Microbrute (I own one). Roland SE02 is worth a look too, if you want more oscillators.

i'd recommend the waldorf pulse 1 (used). never tried the pulse 2 though.
i really like my microbrute (more for sequencer sounds) but it has no chance in bass against the pulse.

Dreadbox make some serious bass monsters.

Tri-wave sub bass can work as good/better than sine. Assuming the tri is generated clean. A clean tri doesn't sound a lot different than sine.

But if the tri has little nib glitches on the transitions or is digitally generated a bit too sloppy it can get some distracting odd-order high harmonics in there, low level 9th harmonic and above. Sometimes "electronic bell-like enharmonic tones". Its not that the high harmonics are ridiculously loud, but that in a Tri wave there are not many "mid" harmonics to mask the high harmonics. If its going thru a LP filter mostly less critical unless the filter is set rather high Q and ends up emphasizing the weird high harmonics. But not really an issue with a nice clean Tri wave.
Last edited by JCJR on Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kvotchin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:51 pm Dreadbox make some serious bass monsters.
Yeah! I remember Sonic State reviewing the Dreadbox Erebus and the neighbours complained for the first time ever. See this Youtube video at 13:54

https://youtu.be/y9bSazH5BbM?t=834

MeneerJansen wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:35 pmYeah! I remember Sonic State reviewing the Dreadbox Erebus and the neighbours complained for the first time ever. See this Youtube video at 13:54

https://youtu.be/y9bSazH5BbM?t=834
Haha, that’s a classic alright. :-D

Having tried some, can confirm. Big bottom end - gotta love that. ;)

Hey friends,

thanks to everybody for your reply.

Unforunatly the Dreadbox Erebus and the Waldorf Pulse are over my Budget.

I will drive to my local music shop on friday and check all the mentioned Devices that fit into my Budget and Needs.

Feel free to post more devices who fit in that spectrum till friday.

EQ

Get a powerful amp with subwoofer. Then any synth will do earthquakes.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:04 am Get a powerful amp with subwoofer. Then any synth will do earthquakes.
Dude , i have a oversized 20 inch and very powerfull Downfire Subwoofer with integrated 260W Amp.

The Sub is able to do Earthquakes with the right Input.

Sure, I an psychic. Dude...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”