YOUR favorite cabinet!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!

What's your favorite cabinet brand? (3 options per user)

Mesa
17%
Engl
10%
Marshall
28%
Orange
7%
Bogner
No votes
Peavey
7%
Carvin
3%
PRS
No votes
Laney
No votes
Egnater
No votes
Sunn
3%
Revv
No votes
Jet
No votes
EVH
No votes
Fender
10%
Port City Wave
No votes
Budda
No votes
Suhr
No votes
Divided by 13
No votes
Egnater
No votes
Something completely different (please explain)
14%

Total votes: 29

RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's your favorite cabinet brand and why?
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
― Arthur C. Clarke
https://www.forward-audio.com

no hi-watt
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 pmno hi-watt
No Hi-Watt. It's forbidden under Rule 51 Subsection 21 of the federal treaty for guitar cabinet manufacturer regulations :hihi:
― Arthur C. Clarke

I must say, my first thought was Matamp and then Hiwatt. Oh well :)

best I ever owned was in the 80's a 4x12 Hi-watt straight cab with fane speakers, loved that cab
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Cabinets (modelled) are like colours in you palette (like any sound) - why should I leave some of them out?
I can say my favourite colour is brown, but if I have a night in the opera, I won’t wear brown, but black or dark blue.

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:55 am Cabinets (modelled) are like colours in you palette (like any sound) - why should I leave some of them out?
I can say my favourite colour is brown, but if I have a night in the opera, I won’t wear brown, but black or dark blue.
In that case: Which cabinet brand sounds the most brown?
Hink wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:49 am best I ever owned was in the 80's a 4x12 Hi-watt straight cab with fane speakers, loved that cab
Sounds cool & unusual. Would love to hear the sound of it!
― Arthur C. Clarke

I don’t see liquor cabinet listed... :hihi:

I don't even own a Cab these days but I've heard good things about Harley Benton cabs with 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speakers for....$207. Cheaper than you can buy the raw speakers.

https://m.thomannmusic.com/harley_bento ... intage.htm
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have two 1974cx Marshall extension cabs, not because I am a Marshall amp fan, because i am not really, and would never own a marshall amp, but i do like the sound of the celestion greenbacks that these cabs are loaded with.

From what I've read in forums I might be the only one but I love my original Peavey 5150 4*12 (straight, Sheffield 1200 speakers).
Super punchy and a fat bottom end and an awsome sound when recorded with a condensor a few meters away and SM57 close at the side of the speaker (off-axis).
I've even bought a few spare speakers from overseas (you coudn't get them in Germany) :-)

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:20 pm I don’t see liquor cabinet listed... :hihi:
That would be my fav :oops:

For bass, the Trace Elliot 2-10 was spectacular. Eden also made one (with a horn) that was tight, punchy and had a lot of headroom.

Extended, mostly.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

I was in a band with a friend in the 80's, he had a JCM 800 on top of what he called a Marshall Tallboy cabinet like in the picture below but it was blonde.

It's a 4x12 with the speakers offset, it was a nice sounding amp tbh and I liked playing through it once in a while. (at the time I had my first boogie sob on top of the hiwatt 4x12).

Return to “Guitars”