Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to all.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:12 am
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am I just finished recording my secret compression tutorial. I'll be out very soon. I'll probably make a new thread although I'm not sure if I should post this in this forum or "everything else"? What do you think?
how about not posting...?
League would love that. I won't be confined by them.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:06 am
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am I just finished recording my secret compression tutorial. I'll be out very soon. I'll probably make a new thread although I'm not sure if I should post this in this forum or "everything else"? What do you think?
But didn’t I prove you wrong? :shrug: :D
How so? Please remind me, because I, as a professional have so much stuff to do that I tend to forget some things.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:05 am
This one. Can't wait :tu:
I'm happy to have some supporters here.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:14 am
How so? Please remind me, because I, as a professional have so much stuff to do that I tend to forget some things.
You said you had a signal of -15db and you set the threshold also to -15db. You then said the output would be -11db. I said it would be unaffected.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 am
AnX wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:12 am
how about not posting...?
League would love that. I won't be confined by them.
shame

good comment
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:59 am
You said you had a signal of -15db and you set the threshold also to -15db. You then said the output would be -11db. I said it would be unaffected.
Yes, I made a mistake here. If one peak was -15 and the other -10, then after compression with ratio 5:1 set on -15 db the previously -10 signal would now have -14, and the -15 signal would be unaffected.
So it would go from -15, -10 to -15, -14

Aloysius wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:28 pm good comment
or is it?

ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:59 am
Yes, I made a mistake here. If one peak was -15 and the other -10, then after compression with ratio 5:1 set on -15 db the previously -10 signal would now have -14, and the -15 signal would be unaffected.
So it would go from -15, -10 to -15, -14
ProfessionalMush at your service :D

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:34 pm ProfessionalMush at your service :D
I'll just assume the Fungi Consortium dont want you posting this.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:51 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:34 pm ProfessionalMush at your service :D
:lol:

You’re right. I should have cleared this prior to posting. Tom, keep this communication quiet please. I’m sure that’s no issue, you sound like a fun guy.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:01 pm

You’re right. I should have cleared this prior to posting. Tom, keep this communication quiet please. I’m sure that’s no issue, you sound like a fun guy.
Sure thing. As long as you're not from the League, we are good. :)

ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:30 pm

Well I am an extraordinary gentleman.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:32 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:30 pm

Well I am an extraordinary gentleman.
I, too am, and I'm a professional, too.

It's coming people...

And it's going to be awesome.

The only downside is that I damaged my professional gear again... Damn...

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:59 pm I'm the one breaking the wheel.
Im pretty sure that doesnt mean what you think it does.

https://www.medievalchronicles.com/medi ... ine-wheel/
Why does it feel like the person who wrote that page enjoys torture devices? Is it the weirdly casual prose? Is it the way they expanded the content via repetition, like a middle school student trying to fluff up a book report?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Production Techniques”