Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to all.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
53214 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 pm

ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Aloysius wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:18 pm
... or is it?
Hmmm...
where you in the crash test dummies?

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
24984 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:44 pm

:hihi:
Hi-de-Hi!

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
53214 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Aloysius wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:44 pm
:hihi:

good emoticon.

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
24984 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:47 pm

Thanks for noticing. ;)
Hi-de-Hi!

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
53214 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:48 pm

:tu:

User avatar
ProfessionalTom
KVRian
520 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:28 pm

vurt wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Aloysius wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:18 pm
... or is it?
Hmmm...
where you in the crash test dummies?
Honestly, I don't understand ;/
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

highkoo
KVRAF
3910 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:16 pm

ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:30 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:59 am
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:14 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:06 am
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:55 am
I just finished recording my secret compression tutorial. I'll be out very soon. I'll probably make a new thread although I'm not sure if I should post this in this forum or "everything else"? What do you think?
But didn’t I prove you wrong? :shrug: :D
How so? Please remind me, because I, as a professional have so much stuff to do that I tend to forget some things.
You said you had a signal of -15db and you set the threshold also to -15db. You then said the output would be -11db. I said it would be unaffected.
Yes, I made a mistake here. If one peak was -15 and the other -10, then after compression with ratio 5:1 set on -15 db the previously -10 signal would now have -14, and the -15 signal would be unaffected.
So it would go from -15, -10 to -15, -14
I dont think Professionals really need to waste their valuable time getting bogged down with numbers and other details. Minutia like that is worthless compared to even the briefest glance at the perspective of a Professional.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
24984 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:24 pm

ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:28 pm
vurt wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Aloysius wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:18 pm
... or is it?
Hmmm...
where you in the crash test dummies?
Honestly, I don't understand ;/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHMPmMePr98
Hi-de-Hi!

christian f.
KVRist
116 posts since 3 Feb, 2017

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:55 pm

I love the new compression video !
Pure Gold !

These videos show that you don't need any fancy EQ / Compression plugs .. it's all about SKILLS !!

deastman
KVRAF
7253 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Wait... this thread is still going?! 8)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

V0RT3X
KVRAF
7730 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Someone needs to sample Toms voice and use it in a song.

User avatar
ProfessionalTom
KVRian
520 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:52 pm

highkoo wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:16 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:30 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:59 am
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:14 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:06 am
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:55 am
I just finished recording my secret compression tutorial. I'll be out very soon. I'll probably make a new thread although I'm not sure if I should post this in this forum or "everything else"? What do you think?
But didn’t I prove you wrong? :shrug: :D
How so? Please remind me, because I, as a professional have so much stuff to do that I tend to forget some things.
You said you had a signal of -15db and you set the threshold also to -15db. You then said the output would be -11db. I said it would be unaffected.
Yes, I made a mistake here. If one peak was -15 and the other -10, then after compression with ratio 5:1 set on -15 db the previously -10 signal would now have -14, and the -15 signal would be unaffected.
So it would go from -15, -10 to -15, -14
I dont think Professionals really need to waste their valuable time getting bogged down with numbers and other details. Minutia like that is worthless compared to even the briefest glance at the perspective of a Professional.
I agree! Don't bother with numbers, if it's punchy, it's good!
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

User avatar
ProfessionalTom
KVRian
520 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 pm

Aloysius wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:24 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:28 pm
vurt wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Aloysius wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:18 pm
... or is it?
Hmmm...
where you in the crash test dummies?
Honestly, I don't understand ;/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHMPmMePr98
Oh now I get it hehehe what a weird song. But nice sounding and pretty calming overally. The lyrics are bomb.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

User avatar
ProfessionalTom
KVRian
520 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:58 pm

christian f. wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:55 pm
I love the new compression video !
Pure Gold !

These videos show that you don't need any fancy EQ / Compression plugs .. it's all about SKILLS !!
Thanks! I'm happy you liked it. Now go and use it in your mix so you can blow everybody's minds of the awesomeness of your skills put in action.

And yeah, exactly. They really are a proof that all you need is skill and plugins does not matter that much. It's 99% skill and 1% plugins I'd say that affect your sound.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

User avatar
ProfessionalTom
KVRian
520 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:59 pm

deastman wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:15 pm
Wait... this thread is still going?! 8)
Still going strong... :lol:

https://youtu.be/1URvDyzh8uI
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

Return to “Production Techniques”