Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to all.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:30 pm
Aloysius wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:18 pm ... or is it?
Hmmm...
where you in the crash test dummies?

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:44 pm:hihi:

good emoticon.

Thanks for noticing. ;)

:tu:

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 pm
Hmmm...
Honestly, I don't understand ;/
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:59 am
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:14 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:06 am
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am I just finished recording my secret compression tutorial. I'll be out very soon. I'll probably make a new thread although I'm not sure if I should post this in this forum or "everything else"? What do you think?
But didn’t I prove you wrong? :shrug: :D
How so? Please remind me, because I, as a professional have so much stuff to do that I tend to forget some things.
You said you had a signal of -15db and you set the threshold also to -15db. You then said the output would be -11db. I said it would be unaffected.
Yes, I made a mistake here. If one peak was -15 and the other -10, then after compression with ratio 5:1 set on -15 db the previously -10 signal would now have -14, and the -15 signal would be unaffected.
So it would go from -15, -10 to -15, -14
I dont think Professionals really need to waste their valuable time getting bogged down with numbers and other details. Minutia like that is worthless compared to even the briefest glance at the perspective of a Professional.
ImageImageImageImage

ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:28 pm
Hmmm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHMPmMePr98

I love the new compression video !
Pure Gold !

These videos show that you don't need any fancy EQ / Compression plugs .. it's all about SKILLS !!

Wait... this thread is still going?! 8)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Someone needs to sample Toms voice and use it in a song.
:borg:

highkoo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:16 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:59 am
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:14 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:06 am
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am I just finished recording my secret compression tutorial. I'll be out very soon. I'll probably make a new thread although I'm not sure if I should post this in this forum or "everything else"? What do you think?
But didn’t I prove you wrong? :shrug: :D
How so? Please remind me, because I, as a professional have so much stuff to do that I tend to forget some things.
You said you had a signal of -15db and you set the threshold also to -15db. You then said the output would be -11db. I said it would be unaffected.
Yes, I made a mistake here. If one peak was -15 and the other -10, then after compression with ratio 5:1 set on -15 db the previously -10 signal would now have -14, and the -15 signal would be unaffected.
So it would go from -15, -10 to -15, -14
I dont think Professionals really need to waste their valuable time getting bogged down with numbers and other details. Minutia like that is worthless compared to even the briefest glance at the perspective of a Professional.
I agree! Don't bother with numbers, if it's punchy, it's good!
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:24 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:28 pm
Hmmm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHMPmMePr98
Oh now I get it hehehe what a weird song. But nice sounding and pretty calming overally. The lyrics are bomb.

christian f. wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 pm I love the new compression video !
Pure Gold !

These videos show that you don't need any fancy EQ / Compression plugs .. it's all about SKILLS !!
Thanks! I'm happy you liked it. Now go and use it in your mix so you can blow everybody's minds of the awesomeness of your skills put in action.

And yeah, exactly. They really are a proof that all you need is skill and plugins does not matter that much. It's 99% skill and 1% plugins I'd say that affect your sound.

deastman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:15 pm Wait... this thread is still going?! 8)
Still going strong... :lol:

https://youtu.be/1URvDyzh8uI

Return to “Production Techniques”