Guitar Center Les Paul Jr. special -- Magic pricing

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tried this at the store the day after a $799 special elapsed about six months back, and it went back to $999. Now it's on sale for $899 off a list of $1199. Marketing magic. I was tempted at $800, but not for more as I thought the frets were finished quite poorly, protruding from the neck. Either they vary wildly, or there are lots of customers who have never had a really nicely set up guitar.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Les ... 0220202.gc

GC gets no love from me.

As the very proud owner of a new Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor Pro II guitar. And trust me I love it and play it everyday. That being said... It's going into the shop for upgrades as soon as I have the money. (pots, switch, jackplate, tailpiece) I'll also tell you that there are far better LP and LP junior copies on the market going for about the same price possibly less.

As a former Gibson Les Paul and Les Paul Custom guy who bought fully into the mantra of Gibson mystique. No one who ever owned a 'real' Les Paul ever said the epi was a close enough. There's better copies out there from better stores for close to the same pricing. Some lower some higher.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Return to “Guitars”