Soundspot Union Wavetable Synth out today

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:30 pm Not always cheap mean garbage,it could be strategy to make some brand popular or something...will test it soon definitely,even if it's first and last usaga of it,just to write an opinion hehehehere :)Cheerz :)
Sound wise it's light years ahead of Air synths, I can say that! :)

How is SoundSpot policy regarding updates/ improvements of their plugins? Anyone knows?

You could go to a fast food joint and spend $6.99 on a meal that would only be around for a few hours or a few minutes if you choose Taco Bell. Or you could buy Union, have some fun with it and put it away. Perhaps there will be updates or upgrades in the future.

Sometimes it not about "the job" it's just about having a bit of fun. :party:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:41 pm Sound wise it's light years ahead of Air synths, I can say that! :)
You can say that....you'd be wrong but you could say that..... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This synth isn't basic. This is a TOY SYNTH. :hihi:

P.S. I have not said this synth is bad. And "toy synth" is a niche, a sort of new word in the audio market. :P

Vortifex wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:08 pm Typical Soundspot plugin, snazzy GUI but comes with bizarre omissions and odd/annoying workflow choices. CPU hog. Basic sound is ok. Overall it feels cheap and not worth buying at any price.
CPU hog? Not for me then.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Teksonik wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:44 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:41 pm Sound wise it's light years ahead of Air synths, I can say that! :)
You don't agree?
God, I can't say I regret buying them (as they were insanely cheap), but I just can't stand the sound. It's too bland for me, and I only realised that after getting them. They never got any real use here.
Union sounds a lot richer to my ears!

Bought it when it just went on sale, it's an interesting synth with good sounds, and the introductory price for a wavetable synth (even with his limitations) well... I couldn't resist :P

Fun and cheap
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm
You don't agree?
God, I can't say I regret buying them (as they were insanely cheap), but I just can't stand the sound. It's too bland for me, and I only realised that after getting them. They never got any real use here.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. Air's Wavetable synth Hybrid 3 just blows Union away in terms of sound quality in my opinion and of course feature set although Union's generate WT is nice. Hybrid is as far from bland as you can get in my opinion. Crisp and unapologetically digital sounding in a world that is pathologically obsessed with Analog. :tu:

I bought this synth (since it's so cheap). From my first experience, what I have to say is that is douns interesting, but the good presets make a lot of use of Unison, and that brings the CPU comsumption to levels above what's tolerable.

Other than that, it is interesting. Will have to experiment with some editing.
Fernando (FMR)

Teksonik wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:24 pm We'll have to agree to disagree then. Air's Wavetable synth Hybrid 3 just blows Union away in terms of sound quality in my opinion and of course feature set although Union's generate WT is nice. Hybrid is as far from bland as you can get in my opinion. Crisp and unapologetically digital sounding in a world that is pathologically obsessed with Analog. :tu:
Completely agree with you in what concerns Hybrid. Actually, I think AIR synths are generally underrated, I don't know why. They are very interesting, all of them. LOOM II is clearly above average, in a kind of synthesis where you have so little competition (Additive)
Fernando (FMR)

Air Hybrid 3 is best buy of the millennium - one(1)euro i paid for such nice synth is a crime :)
So will see what 7 euro can do hehehhe,if it's usable in the mix worth the two coffees :)

Teksonik wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:24 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm
You don't agree?
We'll have to agree to disagree then. Air's Wavetable synth Hybrid 3 just blows Union away in terms of sound quality in my opinion and of course feature set although Union's generate WT is nice. Hybrid is as far from bland as you can get in my opinion. Crisp and unapologetically digital sounding in a world that is pathologically obsessed with Analog. :tu:
I'm gonna have to go ahead and question you on this. Hybrid 3 is probably the worst sounding synth I've had the displeasure to use. Funnily enough, every preset has this "air" about it that just sounds like some really harsh white noise in the high range. Thought it was maybe just the preset designer but after spending a few hours with it ugh... What you call unapologetically digital I call terrible. I don't mind "digital" sound synths at all, but the thing is just putrid.

I'd honestly be interested to hear it in a context from someone who enjoys it though, so if you've used it in a production and wouldn't mind to share I'd love to hear it.

I wonder why Union still hasn't been announced at Gearslutz yet.. Does SoundSpot get a lot of bashes over there?

Return to “Instruments”