Massive X v1.1.0 has been released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:09 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:38 pm Man I really wonder which Intel iGPU you have.
Specs 110219-1.png

Oh make no mistake this system is old. It's an i3 I picked up for $105 and I have used it quite happily for internet and testing. It has saved a ton of wear and tear on my studio system. It will successfully run VPS Avenger, Hive 2, Dune 3, DS Thorn, Go2, etc etc. Many of them will choke it out pretty quickly but at least they load and run properly. (Edit: for the record the system is AVX capable)

In fact I don't remember right off hand any plugin simply failing to load it's graphics. I don't even remember a plugin failing to at least load and function.

I don't mind N.I. pushing the edge of technology as long as the edge of sound is pushed as well. I can't really tell since MassiveX won't load on this system and I really don't want to install demos on my studio system.

Oh well I really am a Native Instruments fan and have been since I bought a boxed version of Pro 52 a hundred years ago. So no hard feelings. I'll just keep my eye on future development and perhaps one day I'll buy MassiveX. :tu:
Save your embaresement by saying you have no idea what integrated gpu you have, because you just posted totaly useless printscreen :lol:

hint, google ---> gpu z
or windows search ---> device manage ---> display adapters

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:15 pm Graphics chip needs to support OpenGL v2.1 at minimum for MX.
OpenGL 2.0
Release date: September 7, 2004

OpenGL 3.0
Release date: August 11, 2008

So i suppose thats fair enough to require for 2.1 since something lesser will be definatly over 11 years older

Most improved for me is that they added carousels to nearly all lists that become visible when you hover near them.. not just scales now. Pretty happy about that and the synth is really starting to open up now that we can actually see what we're doing with envelopes. Was a bit tricky without the visual to go with it-when you get into some of the more complex behaviors.

Elektronisch wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:13 pm Save your embaresement by saying you have no idea what integrated gpu you have, because you just posted totaly useless printscreen :lol:

hint, google ---> gpu z
There is no need for that. Being a computer geek is not a requirement for making music. Some music makers are more tech savvy than others. Knowing the internals of your computer hardware is a geek thing.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:29 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:13 pm Save your embaresement by saying you have no idea what integrated gpu you have, because you just posted totaly useless printscreen :lol:

hint, google ---> gpu z
There is no need for that. Being a computer geek is not a requirement for making music. Some music makers are more tech savvy than others. Knowing the internals of your computer hardware is a geek thing.
Yeah, just like knowing where your car's oil dipstick is and how to fill the wiper fluid makes you a car geek. :D

You're right that knowing the minimal about computers still means you can use them, and that some people are more tech savvy than others. But then you took it a little far.

telecode wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:29 pm

hint, google ---> gpu z
Until you run in trouble...
Let's see, how do I fill the wiper fluid for my computer screen again? :?

felis wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:43 pm I like the new MX version, and have less problems with it than the first. Good to see an actual manual too.
There's still a couple wavetable synths I like better though.
I'm just using the demo, but will get it if it becomes part of Komplete.
As stefken wrote, it's part of Komplete 12.

Ya - I forgot. I have K11 and skipped 12. Maybe I'll do K13. Anyone know when it's due to appear?

felis wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:47 pm Ya - I forgot. I have K11 and skipped 12. Maybe I'll do K13. Anyone know when it's due to appear?
I think they will flog the arse of 12 for a while yet - Black Friday sale etc....not too much has been released since 12 I think.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Probably not too soon. K12 was just released about a year ago.

SLiC wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:53 pm
felis wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:47 pm Ya - I forgot. I have K11 and skipped 12. Maybe I'll do K13. Anyone know when it's due to appear?
I think they will flog the arse of 12 for a while yet - Black Friday sale etc....not too much has been released since 12 I think.
Mallet Flux, Noire, Straylight, Super 8 and some other stuff...
Enough for me to upgrade when it comes.

I don't think Super-8 will become a part of Komplete though? I could be wrong.

I'd say it's quite likely.

Calenberger wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:06 pm
SLiC wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:53 pm
Mallet Flux, Noire, Straylight, Super 8 and some other stuff...
Enough for me to upgrade when it comes.
3 Kontact instruments (including another Piano!) and a Reactor instrument...I think they would need a bit more than that for me but them I just went from 8 Ultimate to 12 Ultimate and to be honest I haven't used (or even looked at) half the stuff the came with 12 (I only did that upgrade in a sale to get MX)

I wish I had waited for K13U now...assuming it doesn't go subscription next!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Okay, we already noticed that you are no friend of NI... :roll:

Return to “Instruments”