November Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mister Natural wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:46 am
per99 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:02 pm To me this is pretty much the same as Free for all. But I like no restrictions, so I won't argue against it.
yeah, but . . . no

it prolly still needs to sound somewhat "patriotic" for whatever that might mean - inspirational to the common man . . . a good country song should drive the masses to betterment of themselves, no ?

there is way too much "nationalism" going on politically around here lately & I don't want to talk about that . . . I wanna rock my balls off so I'm stepping away from the keyboard here to plug in the Telecaster
peace

do a Irish folk song instead

a countries music doesnt have to be nationalist or even patriotic, unless it's an anthem of course.
but write something that invokes india, bit of sitar and hand drums will give enough hint it's about india with no political overtones or even undertones.

or theres plenty of other so called "world music" ( stupid genre name, all music is world music, it's not from bloody space is it). i personally love west african calypso type stuff, very happy sounding :)

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:54 pm a countries music doesnt have to be nationalist or even patriotic, unless it's an anthem of course.

NO, that was not even on my mind, when thinking music from other countries.

Hellfog wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:54 pm a countries music doesnt have to be nationalist or even patriotic, unless it's an anthem of course.

:tu:
yup, i was answering mr naturals concern.
certainly not suggesting that this above was your intention :)

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 pm

:tu:
yup, i was answering mr naturals concern.
certainly not suggesting that this above was your intention :)
I was answering in general, not to you specific.

OK - I''ll expand my idea of a "country" song / piece . . .
thx for taking this contest program over H'Fog - will we be hearing your work again in these threads ?
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:45 pm

OK - I''ll expand my idea of a "country" song / piece . . .
thx for taking this contest program over H'Fog - will we be hearing your work again in these threads ?

Thanks. Yes, I will continuing making music to the contest. I had no inspiration for the last contest, I did start with a song last day of submission, but there to little time left.

Here is one that I did about Australia for the September 2006 contest. The topic that month was "The World". Enjoy.

http://www.slartimusic.com/music/06_09_ ... tralia.mp3

I will see if I can get something else done this month.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Well .....
Can't believe how long it is since I submitted anything here!
I do still stop by from time to time to see who is still around, which is how I came across this very interesting theme idea.
Music From a Country .... and with no time limit.
Will be getting something ready real soon.
:))
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

Nice to see you here, offthewall :) per99/FourAM
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Yes, thanks. At one time I almost never missed a month.
I guess it must be about 3 years since I contributed last.
Reckon I should get some more in before I get too old.

It seems all the 'oldies' are coming out of the woodwork this month :lol: :tu: :phones:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Oldie, indeed!
I resemble that remark!

Yes. It has been too long since I been here.
Really enjoyed this evening listening through these excellent submissions.
Here are my comments if anyone is interested.

jackoo All round beautiful composition very evocative of the Native American theme. My only (personal) criticism is that the lead flute instrument is not a ‘real’ one. If it were I would mark this as ‘perfect’.

beanpole Liked the chord progression after the intro. Thought it might develop more Floyd-ish. Really like the build-up and atmosphere generated.

mr natural Always extra votes from me for a song (with vocals). Atmospheric tale-telling well constructed.

laguna rising Oh, how I’ve missed listening here. Must come back more often. Superb set of variations on the theme. Truly well devised and played with gusto.

hellfog Atmospheric composition fitting the theme. Lovely instrumentation.

mountainmaster More lovely evocative sounds. I used to have a bunch of those Kong Audio stuff but can’t get away with keyboard work (my bad). This does seem to tell a story, which is a nice touch.

3lu5iv3 Funky enough but don’t get the USA connection very much. Great production.

per99 Interesting composition but I was only just getting into it when it stopped! If it had been three times as long it would’ve been high up my list.

offthewall wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:52 pm per99 Interesting composition but I was only just getting into it when it stopped! If it had been three times as long it would’ve been high up my list.
Thanks offthewall. Yes, my tune was planned to be approx three times longer.
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Return to “Music Cafe”