Massive X v1.1.0 has been released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I didn't say and don't say that I'm smart! I only make 10-16 tracks maximum while some others use 64+ tracks! So, maybe this is the main reason I feel happy and don't have CPU problems.

In general I'm old fashion and I like few tracks with full sound (80's synth pop style). If I can use 3 instances of Massive X and 3 instances from Dune 3 plus additional 5 for effects/others and 6 tracks for Drums sounds. Well, I don't think I can exceed that :P

Next up, wavetable imports!

OddPhase wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:12 pm Next up, wavetable imports!
I wouldn't hold my breath.

really wish modulation was visually animated! That ends up being a big deal for me.

Yeah, I miss animated modulations a lot more than envelopes. I hope that's in their to do list.
And better browsing as well.

I think they may improve the browser next, I’m not expecting animated modulation anytime soon.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

recursive one wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:32 pm I wonder what exatly you think is missing in MX.
A usable Browser
Midi Learn
Parameter Automation
Poly Aftertouch Support
MPE
Expression Pedal and Breath Controller support
Performers per voice

I love the sound... it has its own character and a very high sound quality and can make beautiful tones... Plus a reasonable CPU use. Most everything else is disappointing. It’s just not aimed at me and I doubt it will ever do what I want so it went into my ‘don’t use’ mental category. If Native Access had an uninstall function, I’d use it.

once you start working with poly AT and MPE it quickly gets to a point where a dead simple synth that supports those things is more expressive and beautiful than the fanciest synth that doesn't.

I know not everyone is into MPE but literally everyone that's tried my ROLI 49 and some of my patches goes nuts. Feels strange to make a synth of the future without supporting it.

Noumena wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:09 pm once you start working with poly AT and MPE it quickly gets to a point where a dead simple synth that supports those things is more expressive and beautiful than the fanciest synth that doesn't.
That’s how it is for me. The simplest patch comes alive with MPE.

None of the NI stuff supports MPE. When they said ‘next generation’ for MX, I hoped it meant that was where they brought the MPE in. I understand it is not of much interest for them since MPE is still a relatively small percentage of users.

The old Massive at least supported PolyAT. MX doesn’t even do that. It went backwards, even as a new synth like Hydrasynth offers a PolyAT keyboard, the long ribbon and will make a good soft synth controller... except not for MX as it has no Poly AT nor can it be configured to use with a controller (no direct parameter automation and no midi learn).

I’m over the disappointment of MX. I haven’t thought about it in months. In the meanwhile, I have UDO’s Super-6 on pre-order. It supports MPE. I also have Black Corporation’s Xerxes on order as well. An Elka Synthex inspired 8 voice analog that also supports MPE.

So both hardware and software support for MPE and Poly AT is growing. It’s exciting times for expressive playing.

telecode wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:53 am
HTT wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:46 am
telecode wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:59 pm
SLiC wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 pm Well, he can run Dune 3....I would say that’s a better sounding synth than Massive X...possibly the best sounding soft synth of them all.
I think the use of the term "best" is highly subjective and kind of pointless to use. If you like Dune, thats great for you. I will check out the demo if it ever goes on sale. But in the meantime, this thread is a discussion about Massive X and the new update that go released for it. So not really interested in opinions, thoughts or views on Dune, Hive, Serum Omnispphere or anything else, just interested in thoughts and experienced on Massive X .
I see your point as the thread can get derailed quickly. I think CPU usage comparisons, especially compared to other wavetable synths are on-topic and appropriate. Comparing MX to “everything” synths is probably not on-topic. That said, NI claims MX is a “flagship” synth. If we take NI at their word, then comparisons with “everything” synths are fair game.

It sounds like NI is slowly improving MX. The original MX inspired me to look elsewhere for a wavetable plug-in.
MX is NI's flagship synth. That's what they are peddling. I think it's too soon to tell where it will go and will in become the legend that Massive became. Wavetable synths are a crowded market as of 2019/2020. Almost every major music software maker has a horse in that race.
When you come out of the gate way behind other wavetable synths that have been out out for years, that is not a good sign. Honestly, I don't see how NI catches up with MX. I can already do much, much better with Hive 2 and Synthmaster 2. I am sure others prefer Sylenth, etc... NI, for some reason, brought a toothpick to a gun fight with MX.

i have much respect for how people make music, find it fascinating, the different tools we use. but... what percentage of music-makers here use a roli (or similar) keyboard? (might be worth doing a poll).

i love making music, but i make it for an audience, and most listeners don't care how we got there, they care about the music; they're either moved, or they're aren't.

so, i am enjoying MX on this level; it sounds good. and that matters most to me with the plugins i use & love; the sound.

anyway, it all has value, and we all have our reasons for what we do. so it's good that we have choices; there are so many great synth plugins out there.. the fun part is, we don't all agree on what 'great' might be. :tu:

NI is totally not paying fisherking. No way.
ImageImageImageImage

fisherKing wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 am i have much respect for how people make music, find it fascinating, the different tools we use. but... what percentage of music-makers here use a roli (or similar) keyboard? (might be worth doing a poll).
Quite a few people are using either MPE controllers and/or Poly AT controllers.

I think the Launchpad Pro does PolyAT these days. Also there is a whole lot of interest in the new Hydrasynth as it has a PolyAT keyboard and big Ribbon controller and is a fairly cheap price.

Serum added MPE, Icarus is just now adding MPE.

Massive X is one of the few recent synths that doesn’t even support PolyAT. MX is the aberration today.

highkoo wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:19 am NI is totally not paying fisherking. No way.
paying me for what? liking the synth? i paid for it like everyone else (who paid for it). and i like using it. and that's all there is...

pdxindy wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:34 am
fisherKing wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 am i have much respect for how people make music, find it fascinating, the different tools we use. but... what percentage of music-makers here use a roli (or similar) keyboard? (might be worth doing a poll).
Quite a few people are using either MPE controllers and/or Poly AT controllers.

I think the Launchpad Pro does PolyAT these days. Also there is a whole lot of interest in the new Hydrasynth as it has a PolyAT keyboard and big Ribbon controller and is a fairly cheap price.

Serum added MPE, Icarus is just now adding MPE.

Massive X is one of the few recent synths that doesn’t even support PolyAT. MX is the aberration today.
and lots of synth plugins don't support MPE or poly aftertouch. my cme xkey has poly AT, but i have it disabled... i don't need it. also, "quite a few people"... where did you get this info; what percentage of plugin users are we talking about?

Return to “Instruments”