Low and muffled sound in Bitwig???

Official support for: bitwig.com
loungepanda
KVRist
393 posts since 27 Apr, 2013 from Denmark

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:49 am

Biscotto wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 pm
I think part of the test is that he’s trying to achieve in BWS what Mr.Bill is doing at 15:45 with the audio export/import in Ableton.
Doesn’t work in BWS as much as I can tell.
Isn't that a visual issue, though? From what I can hear, cranking the gain on a drum loop (not just in editor, but also by using Tool) and bouncing to 32bit and then lowering it again the sound stays intact despite the lopped off waveform.

Biscotto
KVRist
340 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Re: Low and muffled sound in Bitwig???

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:11 am

loungepanda wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:49 am
Biscotto wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 pm
I think part of the test is that he’s trying to achieve in BWS what Mr.Bill is doing at 15:45 with the audio export/import in Ableton.
Doesn’t work in BWS as much as I can tell.
Isn't that a visual issue, though? From what I can hear, cranking the gain on a drum loop (not just in editor, but also by using Tool) and bouncing to 32bit and then lowering it again the sound stays intact despite the lopped off waveform.
Yes, just visual in BW.
Bitwig.Live/Modulat.Reason.Omnisphere.u-he.Fathom.Arcsyn.TAL

Yokai
KVRian
644 posts since 7 Nov, 2017

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:37 am

This thread is getting ridiculous. Post your proof or GTFO.

Does this track sound "muffled" in any way? No, it does not! Produced 100% top to bottom in Bitwig 3.0.3.

https://soundcloud.com/baphometrix/baph ... b-ks-mix03

Yokai
KVRian

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:38 am

Does this track sound "muffled" in any way? No it does not! Produced 100% top to bottom in Bitwig 3.0:

https://soundcloud.com/baphometrix/baph ... -wolfstakx

Yokai
KVRian

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:39 am

Does this track sound "muffled" in any way? No it does not! Produced 100% top to bottom in Bitwig 3.0:

https://soundcloud.com/baphometrix/baph ... aster-loud

Biscotto
KVRist
340 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:49 am

You maybe right Yokai but, in the majority of the cases, you can’t change people’s perception.

Just keep making great videos. :tu:
Bitwig.Live/Modulat.Reason.Omnisphere.u-he.Fathom.Arcsyn.TAL

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3387 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:52 pm

In twenty years Bitwig emulators sell like cake to get back that gorgeous muffled sound of this Baphometrix heroine...
I don‘t get the „problem“ anyway, there are tons of equalizers out there including free ones to choose your personal favorite. I prefer those who have a „sound“ anyway... „“anyway...
And if you need some extra high end highs above 12 kHz, I can be hired as triangle virtuoso, just never filter the triangle...

kokonut1
KVRer
28 posts since 8 Jan, 2019

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:02 pm

fyi, i am going thru the betas, and of course everytime i ti a reinstall but it fixed the issue. I must have tweaked something along the way that caused this.

antic604
KVRAF
3049 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:27 pm

kokonut1 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:02 pm
fyi, i am going thru the betas, and of course everytime i ti a reinstall but it fixed the issue. I must have tweaked something along the way that caused this.
WTF?! :roll:
Bitwig 3 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

BobDog
KVRian
762 posts since 2 Apr, 2015

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:53 am

Well, that's good it's sorted!

kokonut1
KVRer
28 posts since 8 Jan, 2019

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Just to clarify,

I was not attacking bitwig at all or their integrity. The issue happened and i was surprised by it. Like i said i do not know the cause of this. It may be an audio driver issue also. I have a copy of Fl studio, cubase and ableton installed. Different daws, different ways of using audio drivers so maybe after me leaving these alone and coming back to bitwig and doing a fresh install, maybe the audio drivers settings of bitwig took over or some sort of dll in the latest install ( if any) fixed something. Who knows. I don't know what else could have done this other than that. so case closed.

Return to “Bitwig”