Beat Zampler (Synapse) re:SFZ spec

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't seem to get all the SFZ functions to work in Zampler. Is that because the SFZ functions are not fully implemented in Zampler?

I'm trying to loop a .WAV continuously on sustain and it doesn't seem to work. I know that Zampler isn't touted as an SFZ player but I did notice that SFZ files that loop on other players don't loop in Zampler. Can someone else confirm?

Zampler could really be the best SFZ player for my purposes, and I'd have a lot more fun developing sounds for it if I could figure this out.

According to their website Zampler only supports 7 opcodes (including loop_start loop_end that you have to set manually in the sfz file if you want the files to loop), so while it's great as a Zampler libraries player, it's useless as an SFZ player. If you want an SFZ player with synth like controls there are much better options, such as TX16Wx (free) or Renoise Redux (commercial). Or you can learn to write SFZs and add controls, envelopes and modulations in the SFZ file itself and then play it with Sforzando :tu:

aha, I didn't realize the opcodes on Beat's site were _all_ the opcodes. Thanks for the tips!

MutantHero wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 am https://youtu.be/u4_lwiLS5hw
great zeitgeist post!

I also found out just by a freak chance that you can embed loop points in a WAV file and that's how you do it for Zampler! I used Wavosaur and it worked!

Absolutely.

I have married myself to creating my SFZ's in HighLife and them opening in Zampler. It's working for me. I can set the beginning and end of the loop with precision using HighLife's zoom feature!

I have been changing my root note in text editing, if I've got some notes firing from Zampler's keyboard that are way too low or high. You have to have set a root note other that standard (C something ... I can't remember) for HighLife to create the root note text in the SFZ at all however. No big deal.

HighLife will also set up split keyboard SFZ's for Zampler, I have done a couple split keyboard patches. Those are also easy and handy to edit in notepad, the upper and lower keys. You can set up their loops if they have any right in HighLife. Although for drums where you have one 1-shot sample per key, the previously mentioned utility is far superior.

You're saying Waveosaur has loop editing? As if I need one more piece of software but I am going to try it right now LOL. Audacity doesn't have that.

Audacity doesn't have a lot of things. ;) Most notably no markers... which is... like... complete BS.

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:51 pm Audacity doesn't have a lot of things. ;) Most notably no markers... which is... like... complete BS.
Does Waveosaur have the noise removal in Audacity?

I'm not familiar with Wavosaur, but, it seems like you need third party plugins for that: https://www.wavosaur.com/tutorials/how- ... -noise.php

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:50 pm I'm not familiar with Wavosaur, but, it seems like you need third party plugins for that: https://www.wavosaur.com/tutorials/how- ... -noise.php
Yes, the free ReaFIR (one of the free tools originally made for Reaper but also totally usable independently).

By the way, Wavosaur has an excellent VST support, being able to add any VST effect to enhance the abilities of Wavosaur. It is in the menu "Tools" at the top of the Wavosaur application.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Sticking with HighLife for my WAV looping. I can play a long note on repeat in my DAW, and that keeps HighLife audio going, while I set the loop points visually and then fine tune by ear, which for me is best. Interface is micro and in that it leaves a bit to be desired.

You're right.
:tu:
And if you don't know Bliss (from DiscoDSP the same developer than HighLife, but not free) it is even yet better. But if HighLife is enough to solve all your problems, that's perfect.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

And I also just replied to your question about the loops in Audacity in the comments on the Audacity KVR product page.

The answer of your question is here:
Tutorial - Looping - Audacity Manual
:)

Return to “Instruments”