Synth song (you review me, I review you!) New Jan. 17th!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

as i said aaron, it's more because it's unfair for me to expect the return listen.
it doesnt put me off, if it works for you thats great :)
i just dont think it would be fair of me to ask the same.

vurt wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:59 pm as i said aaron, it's more because it's unfair for me to expect the return listen.
it doesnt put me off, if it works for you thats great :)
i just dont think it would be fair of me to ask the same.
Of course you have the option of critiquing his music and simply saying "No need for a return review." Then, if he wants to check out your music anyway, that's up to him.

I just think it would be wonderful if we all supported each other here. And I'm not talking about an obligatory " Hey great track man!" because that does nobody any good. If you really feel something needs to be criticized because you feel something is off and can be better, then do it.

I have truly improved more because of the negative comments here than the positive ones, as much as they might have stung. Nobody gets better by hearing nothing but "Hey man, great track!"

I, at least, have come to terms with my remaining weaknesses. most of which have to do with my vocals, how I record them, and how I quantize everything because I can't play for shit. These things are going to be extremely difficult to overcome because they deal with physical limitations and not theory or even work ethic. And the truth is, I may never become a great singer or learn to play in time. All I can do is keep working at it.

It interests me that wagtunes metioned "No need for a return review". I have had people make that statement occasionally on my threads, and I return the favor anyway. Whether they like it or not. ;)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:29 am I put a new song in my music website, it is named "Mountaintop". Please tell me how you like this song and how it can be improved. ... The song is at the top of this link:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=224436
Ok, this thread is rather old - a long time without any perception ... mmmH? :dog:

Anyway, I didn't find your song "mountaintop" - just listened to "Very Jaded Point of View" -
your first song at the 11th of november 2019: It sounds like Electro-Pop in the style
of Talk Talk of the eighties. The mix seems perfect, also melody and vocals are catchy.
At the end there's no culmination, but just a fade-out of a synthie sound - what a
bummer.

Can it be improved? For my taste there is a little too much 80ties reverb on the
drums and on the vocals. Also I would change the ending. But that's just my taste.

Overall: :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:19 pm It interests me that wagtunes metioned "No need for a return review". I have had people make that statement occasionally on my threads, and I return the favor anyway. Whether they like it or not. ;)
indeed, i even said it the first few times myself.
i stopped because i realised you were listening whether i liked it or not :hihi:

i do like it, and your comments are always interesting.
my point i suppose, if i listen to anyones stuff (not just aaron) i dont "expect" a reply.
mainly because my stuff isnt your average pop/rock/dance stuff, so some people may not know what to say even if they did listen.
and what's the point in expecting some kid who loves his rap to listen to twenty mins of me saying "im covered in beans" through fx? :lol:

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:06 pm
aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:19 pm It interests me that wagtunes metioned "No need for a return review". I have had people make that statement occasionally on my threads, and I return the favor anyway. Whether they like it or not. ;)
indeed, i even said it the first few times myself.
i stopped because i realised you were listening whether i liked it or not :hihi:

i do like it, and your comments are always interesting.
my point i suppose, if i listen to anyones stuff (not just aaron) i dont "expect" a reply.
mainly because my stuff isnt your average pop/rock/dance stuff, so some people may not know what to say even if they did listen.
and what's the point in expecting some kid who loves his rap to listen to twenty mins of me saying "im covered in beans" through fx? :lol:
Covered in beans? Why Vurt, I had no idea you were like THAT.

tbh, i have no clue :lol:
first thing that came in to my head :shrug:

All the sniping put me off participating. Shame as I rather liked the song. Shades of The Call.

:-)

Benedict wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 am All the sniping put me off participating. Shame as I rather liked the song. Shades of The Call.

:-)
Perhaps you would elaborate on which parts of this thread you see as “sniping”.

Besides, all this sniping didn’t prevent you from adding your commentary, so I don’t see why it should stop you reviewing the op’s work :tu:

enroe,
Thank you for the review of "Very Jaded Point of View"! I will now see if I can find your music.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Benedict,
Thank you for reviewing my music ("Very Jaded Point of View" I assume)! I will now seek out your music.

Some basic advice-
this comes from seeing a lot of music at the studio last 11 years -
not quite enough separation between tracks - it's close, not as bad as it could be,
I would try a 'broad strokes' eq like vibeeq on the end of each plugin chain and start adjusting.
In particular try bumping the HPF on most instruments and raising the low shelf to compensate.
In terms of the track musically, I'm with enroe.

metamorphosis,
Thank you for listening and replying! I don't think I've heard of Vibe Eq before, so I looked it up. I know I could demo the product, but it seems strange they have no audio demos on Stillwell's website, or on youtube. I will see if I can find your music.

Return to “Music Cafe”