Guitar amp for home recording

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wasn’t going to...

I was going to photoshop your head into the wench this time...

that's not me!

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

im not going past second base with electronics :o

Doesn’t it reduce the lifespan of the tubes when you lower input voltage? I seem to recall some online discussion about this from people who know the detail of how the electronics perform in amps.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:56 pm
Doesn’t it reduce the lifespan of the tubes when you lower input voltage? I seem to recall some online discussion about this from people who know the detail of how the electronics perform in amps.

I just saw it, I have no desire and really I thought the purpose was to overpower the amp, not turn it down. Goes to show how rumors are because I heard evh ran it so hot tubes fused to the holders :shrug: I imagine it aint good for the tubes.

I have fantastic low wattage tube amps (one is still on loan to my shiftleader at work) so I dont need it to be quieter...the only thing I might use one on is those damn florescence lights in my kitchen...I hate that white sterile look and it's always too bright. :x :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I think EVH discovered the phenomenon when he unknowingly plugged a British Marshall head into a US outlet and wondered why it took 30 minutes to warm up and why the volume was so low.

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:46 pm indeed, but what if you get a gig? ...
WAY too old to gig Vurt. My back still remembers lugging my Fender Twin up and down stairs back in the day. That's not happening again
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Fender Champs were made for this.

Plus you can take them to a gig if you mic them and take pedals really good.

You could also get a load box plus IRs etc but it is more complicated and expensive.

veranad wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:35 pm Fender Champs were made for this.

You could also get a load box plus IRs etc but it is more complicated and expensive.
The reissues are overpriced for 5W amp (£1,129), although point-to-point, hand-wired.
Tweed Champ clone.
Fame JTA-05 Sweet Baby Combo (AKA Joyo)
Joyo/Fame surfaced mount, c'mon, it's a simple amp (£149).
I'd like to hear them side by side.
I'd still consider the Bugera G5 Infinium.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:31 pm
veranad wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:35 pm Fender Champs were made for this.

The reissues are overpriced for 5W amp (£1,129), although point-to-point, hand-wired.
Tweed Champ clone.
Fame JTA-05 Sweet Baby Combo (AKA Joyo)
Joyo/Fame surfaced mount, c'mon, it's a simple amp (£149).
I'd like to hear them side by side.
I'd still consider the Bugera G5 Infinium.
I was thinking of a cheap second hand Champ but this would work too, I guess.

I did not know this brand, I will look into it. For that price, if it sounds good, it is truly an amazing deal. :tu:

veranad wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 pm I was thinking of a cheap second hand Champ but this would work too, I guess.

I did not know this brand, I will look into it. For that price, if it sounds good, it is truly an amazing deal. :tu:
There's loads of 5w and small budget amps on the market, the Bugera T5 Infinium springs to mind.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

As mentioned by someone else. I actually paid roadies more than I made on the circuit to lug my stuff around. It was a losing proposition to gig. I'd get laughed at when I'd show up for blues gigs with my trusty "Park Stack" or Dean Markley Combo which I'd proceed to mic.

Everything affects everything on tube amps you'll never get an "all in one" I'm tempted to get the new Yamaha THR-II 30. But I've already got a 40 Roland Cube that is the best dust collector known to mankind and a THR-10C
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:59 pm
veranad wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 pm I was thinking of a cheap second hand Champ but this would work too, I guess.

There's loads of 5w and small budget amps on the market, the Bugera T5 Infinium springs to mind.
Yes, there's plenty.

I wouldn't buy anything below 5W, by the way. :)

Peavey ValveKing Royal8 ftw
- it goes from no amp

Return to “Guitars”