Pick your PICK!!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cracking the code, practise regularly, slowly and accurately with a metronome. Cracked.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

shit! i practiced with a meta-gnome.
which explains a lot...

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:28 pm shit! i practiced with a meta-gnome.
which explains a lot...
Me too.

Dunlop Ultex Sharp Players Picks 1.14

I haven't read this whole thread. Sorry if I'm duplicative.

I went on a pick-testing binge a couple of years ago, as I struggled to get my chops and speed up.

Ended up playing Jazz III's, mostly the lighter ones with the enhanced grip. But I've lately finally begun to have touch a bit. The Jazz III is still the best size and shape, IMHO, but it now feels like I have to fight through the friction on the edge when I don't get the angle and depth just right.

This week I broke out the agate 1 mm Jazz III pick I got from Picks and Stones for a ridiculously high price. It has a much smoother glide through the string, since it's polished stone, but still has excellent attack at the tip. I'm really liking it a lot, now that I can actually feel the difference. I think I'll spend the next week or so trying to get better control of it.

I still suck as a musician and guitarist, of course. No pick will fix that.

haha,

I'm pretty basic, I guess. .88 or 1mm tortex (or similar material available from almost any other manufacturer) picks for years now. I have to find my Daddy's Junky Music jazz style pick I've had since college, but mainly because it reminds me of Hink because he worked for them and I used to tell my daughter that's how she knew it was my pick (it just says "Daddy's" on it).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:58 pm I'm pretty basic, I guess. .88 or 1mm tortex (or similar material available from almost any other manufacturer) picks for years now. I have to find my Daddy's Junky Music jazz style pick I've had since college, but mainly because it reminds me of Hink because he worked for them and I used to tell my daughter that's how she knew it was my pick (it just says "Daddy's" on it).
hey I worked there
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

daddy's junky music
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I just ordered a new pick. Actually, a little more than just a pick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's a... bow for acoustic guitar. And a pick. And an excuse to get your strings all greased up in (psychoactive?) rosin.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... w.2095199/

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:47 pm Haha cool! Do you use the rubber washers from Grolsch bottle tops to stop your strap coming off too? :hihi:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_strap_blocks.htm
No free beer.

i use Jim Dunlop Jazz III Max Grip,
anti-slip for sweaty or just ate chips fingers
been using it for years, for guitar and even sometimes for playing bass also :hyper:

Tortex for more years than I care to admit. Started on Purple. Briefly went to Blue. Played the Greenies for many years. Finally settled on Yellow. Sometimes Orange on acoustic.

Also occasionally pull out, stone & metal on electric and one of these on acoustic:

And while not really a pick.....I do like a bit of E-Bow noodling once in a while.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

I'm still floating back and fourth..........The "medium" Fenders are great for some things. The "flex" is good for others. I still find this subject intriguing and interesting. Everyone is different, it's NOT placebo..............

Return to “Guitars”