S.P.A.C.E. Force Game Soundtrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last week I joined a Game Jam team to make a game in 1 week. I signed on for music but had my parts finished early so I re-upped to do the sounds as well.

It is a fun game so have a play: https://aescosaurus.itch.io/space-force

I made a video Official Soundtrack EP for the S.P.A.C.E. Force game so the music is easy to hear in full. Matched to the gameplay.
https://youtu.be/vqoA91sLfmc

:-)

We won the Jam with almost 5/5 scores

Benedict,
Thank you for reviewing my music. Now I'm watching and listening to your video. The game looks like a vintage 80's video game, and the music fits that vibe also, so that is a plus. The song is fun, and the video game looks fun also. Even though I've had a number of people tell me they think my music could work for a video game, I have never pursued that sort of thing. I have no clue how much integrating the music into the game would complicate the music writing process. So out of curiosity, how much time do you think you spent on this song altogether, and have it work with the video game? And how much time do you think you would have spent just working on the song, and not have it part of the video game? The song/music is nice. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Like the bass.

In the intro part - before the synthbass starts - I was reminded on
"pictures at an exhibition (Moussorgski)". From Minute 3 on the
track starts to become a little measly - for my taste. At ca.
4:00 you are back on track - I could enjoy it. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

@aaron Thanks. Game music is commonly simpler so it doesn't steal the thunder of the gameplay. As for logistics. I didn't count but the main pieces (Theme/Boss) about 8 hours each for everything. the Menu extrapolation an hour probably as all the parts were there and I used the same Mix/Master for continuity. The only real tech issue here was that the pieces needed to loop. Most would look at a short loop but I loathe that so deliberately wrote a whole Arrangement but made it so it can loop, for players worse than me but even then they'll die first so technically I overdid it. In my defense, I composed without the game in this instance for time. Game composing is hard to get unless you have a game already. Devs are a pretty insular lot. Lime Film Directors, many have not learned about music yet so they take the lazy route and use library stuff (not realizing the damage it does).

@metamorphosis Nothing much beats a Hi-NRG Bassline

@enroe Wasn't thinking of Pictures but I was raised with Classical & Baroque as the first music I heard so people often hear it seep back out in my work. The bit you didn't like so much was where I was trying to keep Techno kiddies in the loop. I'd prefer more melodies but didn't want to override the game. After all, it is pretty engrossing dealing with evil foxes so you aren't exactly focusing on the music.

Love the soundtrack and the game is nice homage to many classics.

gaf_thit wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:46 am Love the soundtrack and the game is nice homage to many classics.

hey, this is epic. kind of reminds me of kraftwerk, do you know if they ever did stuff for games? anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack and video 🐙

Thanks and no while I know Krafties did Tour De France, I have not heard anything about them doing games.

Pleasant game soundtrack. Sounds nice.

Thanks

Sort of old computer game from the 80s? Nicely done. Chiptune, revisited. Enjoyed the vintage sounddesign and themes.

Very cool man!
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Mozex wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:43 pm Very cool man!
Thanks

Return to “Music Cafe”