korg collection updated for Mac OS X Catalina

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just noticed the updates for korg collection...works now in logic running OS X Catalina

Thanks for the heads-up.

They're 64-bit only now. So keep the previous installers around if you need 32-bit support.
Image Image Image Image

I think the only thing that wasn’t working in Catalina was the standalone versions as they were 32-bit?

I had all the plugins working in Logic and Live when I upgraded.

I just wish they would update them and make the UI bigger for the older plugins...

There seems to be something wrong with these on Sierra. When I try to run a standalone app it complains that the .component is missing.
Image Image Image Image

Updates? I just logged in and don't see any updates since 9/27/2017.

Standalones don't work in Catalina, but I didn't expect them to as they're 32-bit.

kim krause wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 pm just noticed the updates for korg collection...works now in logic running OS X Catalina
What made you notice the updates? ;-) In other words – do you have a link, perhaps? :help:

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Looks like there's issues with Korg Collection in standalone mode with Catalina.

Link:

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0911/
Dear KORG users,

Please be advised that we are currently testing all KORG products for compliance with upcoming Mac updates including iOS 13 and MacOS Catalina, and will confirm compliance dates for each KORG product when possible.
We strongly advise against updating your Mac OS/iOS until further notice.

To date, we have found that there are products that do not work currently with these OS.
Of note, the KORG USB MIDI Driver, the standard driver for all Korg products outfitted with USB MIDI, is not currently compatible.

Oct. 31st, 2019 - List of supported products with:

MacOS Catalina
- KORG Gadget 2 for Mac <NEW
- KORG Gadget 2 Plugins for Mac <NEW
- KORG Collection for Mac <NEW

iOS 13 or iPadOS 13
- KORG Gadget 2 for iOS
- KORG Module Pro
- KORG Module
- KORG ELECTRIBE Wave
- ARP ODYSSEi
- KORG iMono/Poly
- KORG iWAVESTATION
- KORG iM1 for iPad
- iPolysix for iPad
- iMS-20 for iPad
- KORG iDS-10
- iKaossilator for iPhone and iPad
- iELECTRIBE for iPhone
- iELECTRIBE for iPad
- iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition

Oct. 31st, 2019 – Products* that we have discovered current compatibility issues with:

MacOS Catalina
- KORG USB-MIDI Driver (and each product that uses it)
- KORG Collection for Mac/PC (standalone version)
- KROME Editor / Plug-In Editor - KROSS Editor / Plug-In Editor
- KROSS2 Editor / Plug-In Editor
- KRONOS Editor / Plug-in Editor
- AudioGate 4
- AudioGate Recording Studio
- DS-DAC-10R Driver

iOS 13
- microKEY Air (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)
- nanoKEY Studio (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)
- nanoKONTROL Studio (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)

List of unsupported products (will not work with Catalina)
- DS-DAC Driver (DS-DAC10, 100, 100m)
- microX/X50 Editor / Plug-In Editor
- M3 Editor / Plug-In Editor
- M50 Editor / Plug-In Editor
- PS60 Editor / Plug-In Editor
- microStation Editor / Plug-In Editor

* Other products may also malfunction, so again, please refrain from updating to these OS until further notice.

We thank you in advance for your understanding as we continue to test to assure compatibility wherever possible.

Sincerely,

KORG Inc. Development Team

I applied the updates successfully today (have not updated to Catalina - yet, still running Mojave for the near term.)

Neither the Installers or Read Me files indicate the new versions - nor the Registered Products at the Korg Shop.

I ran the installer for MS-20 to begin with then tried to run the stand alone app which gave some indication of not finding the associated component. At first I assumed they deprecated the 32-bit stand alone apps, but then realized a sub-folder for MS-20 had been placed in the Korg Legacy folder. Ran that copy of the app and there was no nag regarding "may not be compatible with future OS..."

Ran the remaining KC installers, but the stand alone apps were not updated - only the plug-ins. I'd assumed those installers would create sub-folders as the MS-20 installer had. Uninstalled the legacy stand alone apps - then reran the new installers and the updated stand alone apps were installed. No more nag screen, but I seldom use the stand alone apps so for me this exercise was much ado about nothing. YMMV. The plug-ins appear to be working fine in Logic X and Live 9/10 (Lite). No update to the GUI for any of them.

Hope this is helpful.
"All persons living or dead are purely coincidental." - Vonnegut

OMG, we've been waiting for GUI updates for several years,
but they're all trying to tweak the old interface to the new OS. :dog:
Creep and darkness ... :o

Redoing those GUIs is a lot more work than just sorting out OS compatibility, quite likely. A working plugin is better than a non-working plugin, regardless of GUI it has.

Sure, that's right;
but how many users are interested in this work of the company
(considering that only a few users are already planning to move to Catalina)?

As much as I'd like to see an updated version of the Korg Collection, I'm pretty sure this is not going to happen anytime soon.

Korg software department is not that big, and most of their resources are being spent on the much more successful Gadget.

The Korg Collection is a 15 years old product. Doing a serious update on it would probably require rewriting many things from scratch. It's even possible that no-one at Korg actually understands the source code in full, the people that wrote it can be at other departments, or even different companies. The preset browser is ridiculous, the UI is unusable, the sound engine is ten years older than current top-of-the-crop emulations (Repro, The Legend...), and it's not using latest CPU features. When it was released, it was a state-of-the-art emulation of vintage hardware with a marvellous sound. Now, it's just another software instrument across many. And Korg as a brand can't afford to be "just another one", if it does a major update, it needs to be the best or one of the absolute best in order to protect the brand.

But then again, after Gadget's success, the suits at Korg are probably wondering "why bother?".
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

I just wish Korg would have the decency to say whether they have abandoned this product or not. They just keep selling it with advertising that doesn’t show the real current state of the UIs.

They’ve announced they WILL redo the GUIs, but they’ve never said WHEN that will happen.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Did they announce specifically that they would address the UIs, or that they would update the plugins?

Return to “Instruments”