the wild rose

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guitar instrumental
Traditional Finnish song played by BullHill Moods
composed by Evert Suonio (1891 - 1934)

Artist: BullHill Moods
Song: Villiruusu (the wild rose)
Arranged: Markku J Aalto

https://youtu.be/GYrDk7Y-s-c

A tasteful performance and arrangement. :tu:

It sounds like a note was missed at 1:07. :help:

The drums sound mechanical compared to the other instruments but fortunately they are low in the mix.

Good work overall.

Frantz wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:11 pm It sounds like a note was missed at 1:07. :help:
Yeah. A mistake on recording the guitar. I've played a dead note. :oops:
Glad you still enjoyed the song
Thanks for the listening and reply.
Last edited by markkuja on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry.. a double reply

Sounds good to me, although the mix flatters the guitar at the expense of the rest of the track.

I'd also agree with Frantz regarding the drums (They are very rigid, and give the whole backing track an auto-accompaniment feel). What did you use for the drums, backing etc?

None of this is unsalvageable. It wouldn't take too much work for it to feel like more of a band presentation :tu:

Hi el-bo
Thanks for the reply.
I have done the backing track with sofware at time ago for testing the song. Now I recorded the guitar track to check how the song works like a guitar instrumental.
You're right this would sounds better if I have later time to record backing tracks with real instruments.

markkuja wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:09 pm Hi el-bo
Thanks for the reply.
I have done the backing track with sofware at time ago for testing the song. Now I recorded the guitar track to check how the song works like a guitar instrumental.
You're right this would sounds better if I have later time to record backing tracks with real instruments.
It' not even that it needs real instruments. My two main suggestions would be to mix it in a way that all the instruments are more clearly represented, and with more overall cohesion. And the other would be to maybe work on giving the drums a more dynamic performance i.e more variations in the velocity of hits, and a pattern that at least tries to evoke the feel of having been played by a human. This is totally possible with virtual instruments.

What did you use for the backing?

Hi el-bo
Thats right. I made this backing fast with iReal Pro. Drums would sure sounds better if I do them with Ezdrummer. Every drum, cymbal and hi-hat on own tracks for mix, more patterns e.t.c.
I wish I have time to work with this song.

nice work! drums are littel low but sounds good
Maschine MK2 - Komplete 10u - KKS25 - Kontrol F1 - w7 64bit on HP dvd6 i5 8GB RAM ssd256gb + eSATA 7200HDD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://soundcloud.com/mebitek - http://www.mebitek.com

markkuja wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:30 pm Hi el-bo
Thats right. I made this backing fast with iReal Pro. Drums would sure sounds better if I do them with Ezdrummer. Every drum, cymbal and hi-hat on own tracks for mix, more patterns e.t.c.
I wish I have time to work with this song.
Ok! I just checked out what iReal Pro was. Now I get it. Not so bad, considering. Anyway! Does it spit out midi tracks, or can it only export the whole finished track?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am Ok! I just checked out what iReal Pro was. Now I get it. Not so bad, considering. Anyway! Does it spit out midi tracks, or can it only export the whole finished track?
I don't use that software very much. It's on my iPad for practice outside home. I checked now how it works. It can share audio in WAV, AAC and MIDI format. And it can also share one track at a time by setting other tracks volume to zero on iReal mixer.

markkuja wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am Ok! I just checked out what iReal Pro was. Now I get it. Not so bad, considering. Anyway! Does it spit out midi tracks, or can it only export the whole finished track?
I don't use that software very much. It's on my iPad for practice outside home. I checked now how it works. It can share audio in WAV, AAC and MIDI format. And it can also share one track at a time by setting other tracks volume to zero on iReal mixer.
Ok! Audio and MIDI. Great!

If you have any interest in me trying to spruce up the backing a little bit, I could probably help :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:58 am If you have any interest in me trying to spruce up the backing a little bit, I could probably help :shrug:
Thanks for the suggestion but I guess I'll play and record new backing when I get time to do it.
Have a nice weekend!

markkuja wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:11 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:58 am If you have any interest in me trying to spruce up the backing a little bit, I could probably help :shrug:
Thanks for the suggestion but I guess I'll play and record new backing when I get time to do it.
Have a nice weekend!
:) :tu:

Hi mebitek

Thanks for the listening and reply.

Return to “Music Cafe”