Exe Consulting Freebies incl. Bass & GTR Amps

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Omkar
KVRian
893 posts since 25 Dec, 2007 from Hamburg,Germany

Post Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:14 pm

I`m sitting on the freebies from Exe Consulting, Bass and Gtr amps in particular.

Well-thought-out design and extensive FX section.
I cannot judge the amps as Bass & Gtr amps per se by comparison because a mono/stereo switch invites
to rather experiment with all kind of instruments in the sense of a tonal color box.
Cpu intense at times, more a candidate for recording/rendering.
I like what I hear so far and will give it a go in the Freeware Roundup:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=390110&start=330

Randomly chosen YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWY5PC-v014

Other goodies present at homepage:
http://www.execonsultingtx.com/
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W7 Pro SP1 64bit | Samplitude Pro X3 Suite

Debutante
KVRAF
3081 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Exe Consulting Freebies incl. Bass & GTR Amps

Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:05 pm

These are DEFINITELY some of the better free amp sims out there. just bumping for to be make popularityness

abhor
KVRist
68 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:56 pm

The guy running the show is very cool too. Always looking for feedback and willing to tinker around.

badgrplayer
KVRist
34 posts since 5 Feb, 2018

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:18 am

I was looking for a VST able to emulate a VOX AC30 crunch sound.

The Classic 30 is by far the most "authentic" I've ever tried.

I don't understand all the settings yet (some knobs seem to be inactive. Maybe because I was in "eco mode") but the sound alone is already a great pleasure. :tu:

abhor
KVRist
68 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:03 pm

There are a couple of hi gain sims he threw together for me - a 6505 and framus cobra. Sound really good with the right cab.

All his work sounds great but it's all a work in progress. EQ and verb will eat your entire cpu for example, but amps themselves have endless possibilities.

lajosuti
KVRist
135 posts since 25 Jan, 2014

Post Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 am

Do you have a link to a youtube video which contains sound examples as well? The ones I found didn't have any guitar playing, and this makes me very skeptical.

DaveClark
KVRist
183 posts since 8 May, 2007

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:37 am

There are dozens of demos on SoundCloud including dry/wet demos (e.g. ANGUISH comparisons):

https://soundcloud.com/exe-consulting

Regards,
Dave Clark, EXE Consulting

lajosuti
KVRist
135 posts since 25 Jan, 2014

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:50 am

Thanks for the link!

acousticglue
KVRian
817 posts since 27 May, 2008

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:37 pm

I get some static at times on amps and 17% CPU but they do sound good. Like the pedals. Found can't pair together

AC222
KVRian
945 posts since 17 Jun, 2012

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:15 pm

The few clips that I can actually hear guitar playing sound great. I want to start out with a complement because I am utterly perplexed why there aren't better demos showcasing the "sound".

Go to the Youtube page and it's 15 to 20 minutes of talk on the features and technical aspects and the programming logic. Why can't I hear an isolated 2 minute clip of just the guitar. There's like five videos and none of them are a good showing of just the guitar playing.

If you're going to post something on soundclloud, why don't you separate each track so it's either dry or it's the wet signal so it's pretty clear what's what. Nobody wants to listen to a three minute clip and have to guess where they are supposed to hearing the wet and dry, especially for listening to something new. At least add markers or something...

Better yet, why not have just the isolated guitar sounds instead of having to wait until I can hear a little of the guitar sound. the cmybals/hihats and drums and general are pretty distracting. If i want to hear the guitar or bass, at least let me hear them individually not playing over each other. I can't get a real feel for what it sounds like without the isolated tracks.

if the project is just for yourself, I can understand a bit better. But if you're actually going to share it, why not make it easier for the end use to easily evaluate it based on the strength of sound samples.

funky lime
KVRian
1305 posts since 17 Sep, 2002

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:14 pm

AC222 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:15 pm
if the project is just for yourself, I can understand a bit better. But if you're actually going to share it, why not make it easier for the end use to easily evaluate it based on the strength of sound samples.
Maybe it's easier to just offer an easy, free download of the plugins and let the users decide for themselves with their own guitars, their own signal chain (pedals, input fx, preamp), their own preferred cab impulses, their own fingers, their own style of music, etc. In my opinion, it doesn't matter how good the demo sounds if the artist's guitar behaves nothing like my own. I dare say that five minutes with a guitar in hand might be more informative than five minutes of listening to soundcloud demos regardless of how well they're laid out. But that's just me.

But yeah, I guess I get where you're coming from, there's a lot of talk in the videos and little (or no) guitar.

Return to “Effects”