Arturia collection - always progression?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just one spontaneous user-comment:
I have used Arturias products for years, and updated e.g. the V-collection faithfully.

Now I’m on the road, flying, I took only my cabin luggage with me, and was therefore forced to use my light old little laptop, including old DAW with very old software.
I was surprized, how elegant the old V collection 3 Wurlizer is. Such a little gem.
Made me thinking: do we really need all these updates, resize GUIs etc.?
We tend to forget, that those product versions back 5-7 years were really good, in many ways less was more...

In fact, newer been too keen on Arturia collection newer version GUIs, those are ”pizza boxes”, comparing to the old, elegant non-resize versions.

The wheel has probably been reinvented several times in the past twenty years of VSTi's. If it sounds good and works, it sounds good and works.
A well-behaved signature.

I need all the upgrades/updates - all of them have been good to me!

I think ”raintalk” missed my point.

What is your point?

That we should stick to 800x600 monitors and Pentium CPUs?
Run Windows XP and OS X Snow Leopard?

Forget all those fancy updates that allow your software to work with these new-fangled operating systems and computer hardware?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I don't know, the undo menu feature looks like a real enhancement to me.

Seems like a small thing but to me it's a big deal. I don't own the V collection but that feature is the first thing to make me consider it in years.

Yes, the essence of making music is undo.

For the ”jamcat”: of, after re-reading my post, you don’t get my point, no more words will help.

I am not using plugins at all, just good old piano,
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:20 am I am not using plugins at all, just good old piano,
:tu:
But rather unpractical in my above case, the freight rate of the ”good old piano” would ruin my economy.

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:55 am Yes, the essence of making music is undo.
Well, for sound design it sure is.

This is actual footage of me tweaking a filter envelope that was just a bit off
https://youtu.be/B_pWk4DdniE

A well designed undo menu would be my Stampy.

Return to “Instruments”