Cheap hardware synth for psytrance (below 350 eur) - is Neutron the right synth for me? Edit: bought Microbrute.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, the BPF sounds rad and the brute factor makes some interesting textures. Already filled a couple of patch sheets with sounds im going to actually use in my tracks.

I may get a Behringer synth later but probably not Neutron. I think K2 or their sh101 clone. Or the brand new 303 clone because 303 :) i have good software options for 101 and 303 but i guess having them in hardware may be more fun because knobs
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:52 pm Just got my Microbrute today, really like the sound. Sounds really huge and i love the character. Seems like im going to have a lot of fun with it :)
Only thing I would say about the Microbrute is that it would have benefited from another oscillator to thicken up the sound. You might want to consider double tracking and layering your MB performances with a slight detuning of the oscillator on the second pass. That will give you a bit more of that so-called analog sound. Or buy a Neutron and stack them together. ;)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thanks for the tip, I'll see how i can integrate MB into my workflow. I mostly use software, the only HW synth i have besides MB is Virus TI.

MB definitely doesn't seem to sound thin to me though.

For Psytrance?

Get a Neutron
You cannot lose and you will not regret it

I also tried the Arturia Microbrute and that was just before getting two Neutron

Trust me for the price its kickass

Need proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2wLeVlb81Q

I can't rule out getting a Neutron but much later. I'm mostly ITB except for Virus TI which i control and record via the plugin, so i wanted my first analog to be a simple and straightforward instant fun machine, which is what Microbrute seems to be.

I have a Behringer Model D, Pro-1, K2 and Neutron here and they're all great. I've also got a TD-3 on order as well as already have a TT-303. I'm interested to see how the TT and TD compare. I won't be keeping the K2 or Neutron, but if you want another really simple hands on synth look at the Vermona Mono Lancet too. The thing is a monster.

What did you find disappointing about neutron and K2 then?

imrae wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:11 am What did you find disappointing about neutron and K2 then?
Neutron is awesome, but ultimately doesn't have the 'mojo' of the other synths I have. The K2 I bought on a whim because they're cheap, and it's also not something I need to keep with the options I already have. The Pro1 on the other hand sounds SO good, I can't let it go! Same with the Boog.

If I had infinite space/inputs I'd keep them all. :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”