Intelligent drum VST's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there. Jamstix user here. I have always found the software confusing and hard to use. I am on the lookout for alternatives in this age of machine learning and artificial intelligence. Can anyone suggest what newer intelligent drum VST's are now in the market that may be easier to use than Jamstix?

There is MeldaProduction MDrummer, but I do not think there is any other virtual drum software that can hold a candle to Jamstix; it still is the one to beat.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Yep, Jamstix is really great compared to just about everything else out there.

Yeah, another Jamstix vote here. I agree though, the UI is a little unwieldy, and it feels like I'm not entirely in control of it. Much like working with a real drummer, I suppose :D

I just tried the demo and it's promising but UI/UX is a real mess. Are they planning to address this problem soon?

None of them are very realistic- far too intelligent, and actually stop playing when you tell them to.

Necro-ing as I'm really getting into the Jamstix possibilities , very unique software, also complex but I think worth it. Anyone else still loving it ?

Logics Drummer has something similar. At least you can have it play beats automatically. Otherwise i´d go the superior drummer route. You get endless midi files and can change things you dont like. Learning a bit of how drummers play is also very helpful, you got more control about everything.

jamstix is thoroughly amazing, nothing bad to say except for the interface which is an acquired taste, on the holidays I'll probably get the bundle of mini-packs to complete my set.

Xbucket wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:10 pm ..Learning a bit of how drummers play is also very helpful, you got more control about everything.
Definitely, I started to listen more closely to drum parts of songs on the radio too.
Finding jamstix is quite educational , it refers too lots of drummer stuff which I didn't Know about
Also, agree that the interface could be improved, be made more cohesive
Last edited by hotmitts on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drummers explaining things on youtube is a great ressource too!

Xbucket wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:47 pm drummers explaining things on youtube is a great ressource too!
Good point.
Don't think the neighbours would be pleased if a real drummer (especially a beginner) emerged next door but yeah, even with finger-drumming you need to know how it's all put together. Got to understand all that 8th, 16th and triplet stuff next

Any tutorials on Jamstix you would recommend? I bought it last year, but would like to learn it now as I haven't spent much time with it yet.

we use Jamstix as a drum backing track generator for live jams. works a charm, and allows me to throw together a complete drum track in the space of a couple of minutes between tracks. i don't know what would i do without it.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yeah Jamstix pretty much is already on of the easier tools with fantastic results.

Return to “Instruments”