Avenger or Nexus

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yawn.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:25 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:15 pm
PietW. wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:21 pm Whats your favorit?
the one that doesn't use illegal samples
Questions:

1. Nexus uses illegal samples?
2. What exactly are illegal samples?
I'd say sampled factory presets from other synths could count as such (I thought Tone2 had an extra clause in the EULA because they noticed some using them for other commercial products) or rom extensions for hardware romplers. Given that vengeance had whole sample packs full of samples cut from mp3s, I think it's at least plausible there could be things in Nexus.

What a pointless thread :P

That I just posted in :dog:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Sam-U wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Questions:

I'd say sampled factory presets from other synths could count as such (I thought Tone2 had an extra clause in the EULA because they noticed some using them for other commercial products) or rom extensions for hardware romplers. Given that vengeance had whole sample packs full of samples cut from mp3s, I think it's at least plausible there could be things in Nexus.
Nobody cares. Nobody cares that Rap music or Drum & Bass largely build on illegal samples either. Also, IIRC, those sound packs have been released decades ago, and there's no such thing anymore. So, why stir it up again, especially as noone ever seemed to have sued them for it, if it is true.

Boring jealous... whatever.

BTW, i know at least 3 devs who use pirated software in connection with their development or documentation work. Should i publically shame now? Would it be of any benefit to me? Hardly, unless i was so bored that i wouldn't have anything better to do.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:53 pm
Sam-U wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Questions:

Nobody cares. Nobody cares that Rap music or Drum & Bass largely build on illegal samples either. Also, IIRC, those sound packs have been released decades ago, and there's no such thing anymore. So, why stir it up again, especially as noone ever seemed to have sued them for it, if it is true.

Boring jealous... whatever.

BTW, i know at least 3 devs who use pirated software in connection with their development or documentation work. Should i publically shame now? Would it be of any benefit to me? Hardly, unless i was so bored that i wouldn't have anything better to do.
:wink:

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:53 pmNobody cares. Nobody cares that Rap music or Drum & Bass largely build on illegal samples either.
Yeah there definitely have never been cases in court or so where producers sampled songs :roll:

How many? Compared to the total market worth of the music. To the total money some rappers made with their illegally sampled music. Laughable.

But, hey, if somebody feels bored, he should just sue Vengeance for stuff which happened decades ago, for stuff obviously not even the copyright owners gave a flying horse crap about.

Sampling someone else's records to use in your songs may be legally questionable but it is a sort of creative process (you decide what to sample, how to sample and how to use it).

Sampling someone esle's synth presets to sell them as rompler content is quite shady imo.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Somebody feels bored enough to come back to this thread again and again to play the smart ass 8)

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:56 pm Your handy cut out and keep guide:

AVENGER
Fullly programmable synth, moderate CPU useage, some sampling and sample-playback abilities.

NEXUS 2 (and 3?)
Preset-based ROMpler, basic tweaks, low CPU usage, no sampling, enhanced multisample playback abilities.
This is a good summary. OP, these are so different that you might as well be asking "what's your favorite, hammer or screwdriver?"

Return to “Instruments”