What's THIS? Permission for piracy?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just received this email and wanted to share it with all of you, FYI. Especially notable is the LAST sentence. Really?! "Turn to" your wallets like you are supposed to!

To whom this may concern,

My name is ********, a teacher at various campuses in the Bay Area of Northern California. I am emailing you because I was able to experiment with your plugins in Studio production, DAW, Post Production and/or Electronic music class. I wished that I had more time to explore in detail how your product can help encourage my classes to acquire these tools for their own utility belts when they graduate the class.

I wanted to ask if there was a way to acquire and NFR (or NFRs) of products that may have been issued to other schools demoing your products. Companies like iZotope, IK Multimedia and Soundtoyz have issued me some NFR's and have now become staples in my day to day curriculum.

This request is not so I can simply use these plugins for myself, but as a way to help keep up with the changes in the industry as well as demonstrate how these plugins work to encourage them to purchases the plugins themselves. The time of downloading cracked plugins in ending quickly with the progress in software security so many of my students are asking me where to turn to.

Thank you for your time,
Last edited by Fender19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

remove name?

i think hes pointing out that students are asking him what they can use, as piracy becomes more difficult to keep up with the latest and greatest stuff?

dont know if hes right or wrong about that, but it sounds like he wants freebies in return for advertising to students.
when really he should be telling them to use whatever is good, not who pats his back.

Soundtoyz.. :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Urs wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:13 pmremove name?
Remove name from?

This is like shooting fish in a barrel ...

@OP: Did you get Fender's permission to use their zealously guarded trade name in your online handle?

I'm guessing not. Pack a toothbrush and report to the Dept of Corrections penitentiary closest to your domicile anytime after 0600 hours tomorrow morning (just so long as it is before 0605).

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:16 pm i think hes pointing out that students are asking him what they can use, as piracy becomes more difficult to keep up with the latest and greatest stuff?
Exactly! So if they can't steal it they don't know what to do? How about BUYING it?

Fender19 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:23 pm
Remove name from?
The guy's name from your public post, you doofus.

Remove name from?
From "My name is ..." in your opening post.

I have no opinion about the content of it, but I'm a fan of respecting people's privacy.

egbert wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:24 pm @OP: Did you get Fender's permission to use their zealously guarded trade name in your online handle?

I'm guessing not. Pack a toothbrush and report to the Dept of Corrections penitentiary closest to your domicile anytime after 0600 hours tomorrow morning (just so long as it is before 0605).
Wow, thanks for turning this around. We have 8 Strats in our house. I'm a fan, OK?
Last edited by Fender19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:26 pm
Remove name from?
From "My name is ..." in your opening post.

I have no opinion about the content of it, but I'm a fan of respecting people's privacy.
shame, id have at least been interested in whether or not you (or other devs) agreed that the time of dling cracks is almost at an end?

and whether you also discovered the secret 9f eternal youth, the answer to the life the universe and everything and of course, the location of all my lost socks?

Sharing a private communication because you read something into it that wasn't there. Not cool.

Urs wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:26 pm I have no opinion about the content of it, but I'm a fan of respecting people's privacy.
Wow.

imrae wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:34 pm Sharing a private communication because you read something into it that wasn't there. Not cool.
Do you see anything specific in there? It's a SPAM letter.

Fender19 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:30 pm
egbert wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:24 pm This is like shooting fish in a barrel ...

@OP: Did you get Fender's permission to use their zealously guarded trade name in your online handle?

Wow, thanks for turning this around. We have 8 Strats in our house. I'm a fan, OK?
I think Fender Inc would be quite happy for you to have Fender written on guitars in your house. When you go abroad on the Interwebs and borrow their trade name they might like to feed you to their Rottweilers.

Can you not see the hypocrisy of your post about the possible appropriation of other people's work when you do it every day?

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”