U-He Diva vs. Korg Kingkorg

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NatLife wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:17 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm
NatLife wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:49 pm
I tried to maximize the sound for each other so that you can trace the difference if there is one.
there is, congratulations
Thnk you for your dislike the video (as always) :lol:
didn't watch the video, as always

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:35 pm Never heard of King, although I believed, I own all the Korg software.
it's hardware - https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/kingkorg/
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

NatLife wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:09 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:35 pm Never heard of King, although I believed, I own all the Korg software.
So, you compare hardware to software?
Is that very fruitful starting point?

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:14 pm
yeas, I compare hardware to software, what the starting point must be?
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:14 pm So, you compare hardware to software?
In this case it makes sense; Diva set out to emulate hardware and comparison to hardware was a huge part of the development process.

RamblinWreck wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:42 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:14 pm So, you compare hardware to software?
In this case it makes sense; Diva set out to emulate hardware and comparison to hardware was a huge part of the development process.
Actually DIVA wasn't meant to emulate any hardware (Urs made that perfectly clear), That's why it has "modules" from several vintage synths, and we can "mix and match" them to achieve something that never existed before (like for example the Mini oscillators with the SEM filter, controlled by Roland envelopes).

You can get close to the Mini, the Korg MS series, or the Roland Jupiter-8 and the Juno-60, but none of them was emulated in a 1:1 match.

No hardware allows you to do what DIVA does, though, except maybe a modular synth.
Fernando (FMR)

The Korg sounds more "nasal", but that way of comparison doesn't make much sense, anyway. Pretty much any modern soft synth would sound better than that Korg audio.

From what i've heard so far from the King Korg, i think that Diva sounds better, if you want to compare them (if not, that's even better. I think every synth has its ups, downs, uses or not uses).

Actually, i'm kind of re-discovering Diva at the moment, after a while of not touching it. Love it really. :)

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:14 pm
No it isnt.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Depends what you want to do, i guess. If you're in for a long discussion, which probably won't change anything about your preferences, it might be a fruitful starting point indeed. ;)

I always just play pure saw OSC from C-3 in my tunes
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I think we can compare software to VA synths because they are also software in the box! I prefer Diva. It's more flexible and more versatile and it can sound great :)

But why bother with King Korg when you can buy a real analog for a similar price?!

EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:29 pm But why bother with King Korg when you can buy a real analog for a similar price?!
KK is very nice synthesizer with little competition in both HW and SW (I checked). Analog is very nice for the sound but KK has a very nice sound, different and more versatility. There is room for both.

EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:29 pm But why bother with King Korg when you can buy a real analog for a similar price?!
KK is a very nice synthesizer with little competition in both HW and SW (I checked). Analog is very nice for the sound and control but KK also has a very nice and different sound too and more versatility. There is room for both.

Return to “Instruments”