FF Volcano 2 vs. Cytomic The Drop vs. Ableton Live filter.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey KVR family,

I’ve got Volcano 2, and I use Ableton Live 9 standard. I’m wondering what people’s experiences are with The Drop and the above, specifically whether it offers a significant improvement in functionality/tone/texture to Volcano 2, or whether there are some M4L devices which may help me justify and upgrade. I’m finishing this semester, and won’t have time for a proper demo or even purchase until Christmas.

Thanks in advance!

Volcano 2 has the worst filters ever, they cramp, alias, etc. Never tried Abletons ones but I am sure they are certainly not on The Drops level. The Drop is like Ferrari when you compare it to other cars.

HcDoom wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 pmThe Drop is like Ferrari when you compare it to other cars.
Do you mean: have worst mpg ever, not reliable, very small cabin, not made for long rides, super expensive service, can't drive on normal road, more attention from traffic police, speed limit is still 65, not that premium in comparison with tesla?
perpetual3 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:00 pm I’ve got Volcano 2, and I use Ableton Live 9 standard. I’m wondering what people’s experiences are with The Drop and the above, specifically whether it offers a significant improvement in functionality/tone/texture to Volcano 2
Nope. Btw Live 9 4 of 5 filter modes are done by the same Andy Cytomic maker of The Drop.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:05 pm
HcDoom wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 pmThe Drop is like Ferrari when you compare it to other cars.
Do you mean: have worst mpg ever, not reliable, very small cabin, not made for long rides, super expensive service, can't drive on normal road, more attention from traffic police, speed limit is still 65, not that premium in comparison with tesla?
perpetual3 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:00 pm I’ve got Volcano 2, and I use Ableton Live 9 standard. I’m wondering what people’s experiences are with The Drop and the above, specifically whether it offers a significant improvement in functionality/tone/texture to Volcano 2
Nope. Btw Live 9 4 of 5 filter modes are done by the same Andy Cytomic maker of The Drop.
Wow, did you really took my post literally? :/ :)

Cant comment on Abletons filters but it wouldnt make any sense using hq mode filters from drop in Ableton from businesz point of view! And yes, The Drop compared to Volcano sound wise is like Ferrari compared to Dacia!

HcDoom wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:16 pm Wow, did you really took my post literally? :/ :)
Yes and your Ferrari bullshit looks like anti-ad of The Drop.

Also could you please post preset of Volcano with aliasing, it's interesting too see :hihi:
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:05 pm
You cant compare a ferrari to a tesla. :roll:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:15 pm You cant compare a ferrari to a tesla. :roll:
No you can. I just did and survived. :hyper:
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:18 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:15 pm You cant compare a ferrari to a tesla. :roll:
No you can. I just did and survived. :hyper:
:party:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:20 pm Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:
Btw note on your signature. It looks like it should be "Opinions matter" or "Opinion matters"
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:25 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:20 pm Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:
Btw note on your signature. It looks like it should be "Opinions matter" or "Opinion matters"
That is absolutely true. :(

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:40 pm That is absolutely true. :(
Is there (ironical) reason you don't fix it or I'm simple wrong?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:17 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:40 pm That is absolutely true. :(
Is there (ironical) reason you don't fix it or I'm simple wrong?
I didnt notice it until you mentioned it to be honest.

Return to “Effects”