Ilock nightmare

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Their website is a nightmare. I can't modify my account cause as soon as i click anywhere i get a "session expired" in red. How am i suppose to make any changes. Idiots! managed to change my email address but now it seems they don't have any record of my ilock info. Anyone else having problem with their website?
What ever!

Never mind. Seems their website doesn't like firefox. :roll:
What ever!

I was going to say, try a different browser. If that fails, try to whitelist the website with your browser / remove any "protections" (they have gotten more aggressive these days, Firefox is positively stupid about breaking website functionality).

Hope you got it sorted.

jochicago wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 am I was going to say, try a different browser. If that fails, try to whitelist the website with your browser / remove any "protections" (they have gotten more aggressive these days, Firefox is positively stupid about breaking website functionality).

Hope you got it sorted.
Thanks. I did sort it out. Interesting comment about firefox. Explains a lot. I just wish I'd try a different host sooner...

Cheers.
What ever!

D.Wako wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:22 am Never mind. Seems their website doesn't like firefox. :roll:
Probably it simply doesn't like one of the addons you have installed.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:38 am
D.Wako wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:22 am Never mind. Seems their website doesn't like firefox. :roll:
Probably it simply doesn't like one of the addons you have installed.
Interesting.
What ever!

I have tons of Ilok licenses, and since my PC doesn't leave my studio, it is generally not a problem.
However, I DO have a problem with ANY company that specializes in secure tech (and positions themselves as "cutting edge" type security) that doesn't either 1) check to make sure that their customer service site works on all popular browsers or 2) Doen't warn you of that fact in glaring red letters at the top of their site, i.e. MUST USE CHROME BROWSER TO ACCESS ALL FUNCTIONS, etc.
I've wasted tons of time on this type of nonsense for banking, payroll, and other customer support back-end type sites over the years. Inexcusable!
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I'll repeat this because I personally find it as a pain point, I want to make sure we are blaming Firefox enough for being a miserable piece of garbage sometimes when it comes to crippling websites on its own accord out of sheer idiocy. I just want to be sure that's clear here when we decide how to spread the blame for websites not working right.

For instance, Firefox decided, again out of sheer idiocy, that they are going to "protect you from website tracking" by gutting website's basic functionality for user accounts. So then your user accounts don't work right on any given website, and it can have nothing to do with the website itself but the browser rejecting the login info because it considers login info to be "tracking".

I just happily edited my iLok account settings in Firefox... once again, i wonder which settings or addons are in play here.

I tried the new iLok software update and it totally borked my Windows 10 PC. Luckily I had a restore point, but now I'm worried about updating ever again after I couldn't repair it or anything. God, iLok is awful.

BERFAB wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:09 pm
However, I DO have a problem with ANY company that specializes in secure tech (and positions themselves as "cutting edge" type security) that doesn't either 1) check to make sure that their customer service site works on all popular browsers or 2) Doen't warn you of that fact in glaring red letters at the top of their site, i.e. MUST USE CHROME BROWSER TO ACCESS ALL FUNCTIONS, etc.
I've wasted tons of time on this type of nonsense for banking, payroll, and other customer support back-end type sites over the years. Inexcusable!
FYI Firefox is at 6.9% usage so probably not worth the dev time to support it.

https://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

I wonder how accurate w3counters is with all the privacy features and addons like noscript, ghostery etc. on Firefox?
Anyhoo a site that doesn't work (and I'm not talking about iLok here - works fine for me) that you flag as trusted and still doesn't let you log in is probably not worth bothering with anyway.

rewthless wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:59 am I wonder how accurate w3counters is with all the privacy features and addons like noscript, ghostery etc. on Firefox?
Anyhoo a site that doesn't work (and I'm not talking about iLok here - works fine for me) that you flag as trusted and still doesn't let you log in is probably not worth bothering with anyway.
It's at least a data-point. There is a margin of error to consider but even still, Firefox just doens't have that much significance in terms of bending over to support it. If there is something about the site that breaks Firefox alone, even a 10-15% market share may not be enough to justify fixing it depending on the effort involved.

plexuss wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:08 pm
BERFAB wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:09 pm
FYI Firefox is at 6.9% usage so probably not worth the dev time to support it.

https://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php
And, I would assume, that the number of Firefox users who don't also have Chrome available is microscopic. I have Chrome, Firefox and IE all in my tray, and I assume that I'm pretty typical. That said, how hard is it to put a warning on a site on interactive customer pages so users don't waste their time? Why would you knowingly piss off ANY percentage of your clients?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Perhaps the title of this thread should be renamed with something Firefox related, or shouldn't it?

Return to “Effects”