New Kush plugin: Omega TWK $29

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
vitocorleone123
KVRist
358 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:29 pm

That is some grit!

https://www.thehouseofkush.com/products/omega-twk

So far in my demoing, it works very well on real drums/samples. A little more hit or miss elsewhere (eg synth pads). Just a bit can go a long way. Crank it for destruction.

bundoo
KVRist
232 posts since 9 Jun, 2005

Re: New Kush plugin: Omega TWK $29

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Kush subscription is very good value
Once they have a delay it will be complete
The transformers are useful to add some color and grind to super clean synth tracks

Niowiad
KVRian
520 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Cool stuff. I have the other 3 omegas, and will definitely be getting this one too in the future (too much higher priority stuff in my sw/hw wishlist currently).
I actually would have never thought of this Omega version, I would have expected a full Tweaker emulation at some point.
Super interesting release nonetheless, it seems to have a very different distortion character from the other Omegas.

GreyLion
KVRAF
3052 posts since 21 May, 2004 from Deep in the Heart of Texas

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Just finished demo'ing and then buying TWK. It's definitely got the Kush magic happening. Also is definitely darker than the other Omegas.

Wonderful ear candy putting Airwindows first in the chain, then adding REDDI, TWK, and 458A and balancing to taste the different saturations they offer when feeding the signal to amp sims. You also want to put CLAS near the end of the chain for added clarity. Makes guitars HUGE! :D

legendCNCD
KVRian
821 posts since 23 Sep, 2004 from there

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:35 am

Sounds super awesome sweet dusty disto :lol: -- too bad it needs Win8.1 or newer to work, well for the next machine when Win10 update mechanism has been fixed, in the meantime I'm enjoying Omega 458a
Soft Knees at Bandcamp
Soft Knees - Demoscene

GreyLion
KVRAF
3052 posts since 21 May, 2004 from Deep in the Heart of Texas

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:25 pm

I'm running Win7. The install was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but it's working fine now.

I'm not sure if the difficulty was because I installed the demo version first to make sure it would work, as I had the same concern that you do.

I probably should have activated in the iLok License Manager before running the installer, maybe? Anyhow, Reaper and Studio One both froze when scanning after the install. Once I rebooted, everything was fine. And the problem could have just been with my machine, of course.

What's happening is that devs are opting out of supporting Win 7 machines, which means they won't bugfix or troubleshoot if you encounter problems specifically related to Win7. But the software itself usually still works. Best to test first whenever you can, of course.

vitocorleone123
KVRist
358 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 am

You'll get the fastest, most likely positive, results using TWK on things with fast transients. Adding it to pads etc. may or may not work, depending - it's more a texture there. It also does a decent job of preserving the original signal, unlike some other distortion I have.

Win10 here. Install was easy as can be.

legendCNCD
KVRian
821 posts since 23 Sep, 2004 from there

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:04 am

GreyLion wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:25 pm
I'm running Win7. The install was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but it's working fine now.

I'm not sure if the difficulty was because I installed the demo version first to make sure it would work, as I had the same concern that you do.

I probably should have activated in the iLok License Manager before running the installer, maybe? Anyhow, Reaper and Studio One both froze when scanning after the install. Once I rebooted, everything was fine. And the problem could have just been with my machine, of course.

What's happening is that devs are opting out of supporting Win 7 machines, which means they won't bugfix or troubleshoot if you encounter problems specifically related to Win7. But the software itself usually still works. Best to test first whenever you can, of course.
Oh so it still works even though there reads Win8.1-> ?
Nice to know!
Soft Knees at Bandcamp
Soft Knees - Demoscene

Return to “Effects”