Soundspot Union Wavetable Synth out today

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In some points quite a nice synth, but this pricing model is mhmm difficult i think. Labelling a plugin for such price (basicly same class as Serum, DIVA etc) and than running half of the time a 80-94% off promotion, makes even a solid good synth looking like half-freebie instead of a quality product :/

I suppose why is this marketing : the synth plugin market is crowded, and there's small place for a new synth...
On the other hand
there are some people who don't buy stuff just for the good price, quality also matters.

Quality matters. The investment in time required to learn a new synth is part of the cost. So low price alone really means nothing. There are some free synths available with much higher quality, and worthy of the time expenditure!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

So many you couldn't even name one. I sure as hell can't think of one. And seriously, how long does it take to learn a new synth? Half-an-hour? Once you can use one, any other is pretty easy to pick up.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am So many you couldn't even name one. I sure as hell can't think of one.
Actually the list is too long to be bothered with repeating info already posted that can easily be found with a Google search! :dog:

How can a google search reveal quality??? You need ears and hands on experience! Any google search will list more crap as good sounding...
I like Unions sound, but it seems paraphonic, which adds even some character...

zzz00m wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:59 amActually the list is too long to be bothered with repeating info already posted that can easily be found with a Google search! :dog:
So even after being called out for what is clearly absolute bullshit, you still can't name one. Pathetic.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

zzz00m wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:00 am The investment in time required to learn a new synth is part of the cost.
This is very true, which is why I'm reluctant to buy almost anything at any price since I already have so much that I haven't mastered yet.
But that's exactly the thing that has me interested in Union (more so than the price) is that it seems fairly straightforward and elegantly designed. Something you can quickly get a handle on and that might produce some good results with little effort.
Limited sure; missing some key functionality it looks like, but also quick and somewhat different.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:54 am How can a google search reveal quality??? You need ears and hands on experience! Any google search will list more crap as good sounding...
I like Unions sound, but it seems paraphonic, which adds even some character...
Union sounds good to you? I don't understand, maybe I have something on my ears.
Even the 32 voices don't make that sound good again.
OSC sounds like LP filter, aliasing, bad algorythms, bad interpolation and moudlation resolution. The effeckte sound like cheap metallic and digital feedback algorithms.

Is anyone here using Union for serious production? Can't imagine, frankly.

Ever heard of taste? Its pretty personal... You should not waste your time with stuff you don‘t like...

BONES wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:01 am
zzz00m wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:59 amActually the list is too long to be bothered with repeating info already posted that can easily be found with a Google search! :dog:
So even after being called out for what is clearly absolute bullshit, you still can't name one. Pathetic.
Well since you seem to be having trouble with the concept, here's a clue to begin with: anything by u-he... :lol:

What, a bunch of cut-down stuff that's designed to sell their big, expensive products? Mostly single oscillator, single filter synths with very few features. Even Tyrell N6, which I quite like, can't hold a candle to Union. They make an interesting comparison, because they are limited in different ways, but ultimately Union has them all covered, easily. So what else you got? Synth 1?

Even GAS only gets so far. At some point, one starts thinking, regardless of how low cost it is, "Will this just become shelf-ware shortly?". If it doesn't really add something new, is it just redundant?

This is such a fun little synth. So many instant lovely sounds and all for a fiver. What's not to like? I wish all the purists would quit whining. :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

For the money the synth is great, especially when they are gonna update this baby soon. Need some time to become a great synth, but I believe it could be a great one.

Return to “Instruments”