Fuse Audio Labs releases FREE Roger Schult W2395C Baxandall EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RS-W2395C free Neo Classic Baxandall EQ

pink is the one with more high end (it's not cramped btw, that's not what cramping looks like - it's anti-aliased).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:41 am pink is the one with more high end (it's not cramped btw, that's not what cramping looks like - it's anti-aliased).
It doesn't look very natural and symmetrical. So, anti-aliasing basically causes asymmetrical curves?

You should try measuring the performance with those two highly accurate measuring devices you have, one on each side of your head. :wink:

Anyway thanks for the Freebie, you can never have too many EQ's.

+1 thanks for not requiring us to sign up for three different accounts just to download a Free plugin. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I just realized now that this is happening way above the audible range (much higher than 20.000hz), so I get the point of it being a result of anti-aliasing.

Thanks to Fuse Audio for the freebie and for the current compressor sale. Might grab one of these since I only heard great things in the GS threads about them.

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:45 am
Burillo wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:41 am pink is the one with more high end (it's not cramped btw, that's not what cramping looks like - it's anti-aliased).
It doesn't look very natural and symmetrical. So, anti-aliasing basically causes asymmetrical curves?
no, there's just two curves in there (a bell and a high shelf). the sharp drop at niquist is the anti-aliasing.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:57 am
Izak Synthiemental wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:45 am
no, there's just two curves in there (a bell and a high shelf). the sharp drop at niquist is the anti-aliasing.
Yep, that’s correct, thanks, Burillo. I can confirm that what you see is the cut-off caused by the anti-imaging/anti-aliasing FIRs, so that’s totally expected and does have nothing to do with cramping. Sorry for sounding a little snobbish, but we sure have done our homework on filter design and analog modeling ;-)

Hope that helps.

I don't know guys. I put this through my smellorameter and I am not liking the hints of clove and musk in the upper mids.
Also Coral2 is much more citrusy in the low end. I'm not saying better or worse, just a matter of taste really.

Thx for the free plugin :)

zvenx wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:35 am I don't think either is red and afaik I am not colour blind.
rsp
Yeah, Plex is obviously pulling a Monty Python-esque prank on us!

Symphony Sid wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:35 am I don't think either is red and afaik I am not colour blind.
rsp
Yeah, Plex is obviously pulling a Monty Python-esque prank on us!
Ha! Is there a way to control the colour of the traces in Plugin Doctor? The one with the flat extension over 20k is Fuse. :clap:

BTW I A/B compared the two and frankly I don't hear much a difference. If there is, it would take a closer listen. So for me, they are close enough to be the same.

If you notice a difference let us know where.

Thanks for the plugins, this looks interesting!

What kind of wood is used in the interface ? I'm against the exploitation of wood farmers in the rainforest.
More BPM please

thank you very much, Fuse.

Sounds and looks excellent!

dionenoid wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:48 pm What kind of wood is used in the interface ? I'm against the exploitation of wood farmers in the rainforest.
Not sure, but it sounds so much better than just a metal finish, so I'm going to go ahead and assume it's a tonewood. I'm thinking alder.

Not all DAWs can manage good some latency, especially using parallel compression so, that latency is often bad... A reflection, just for the record... Can fix? :-)

Return to “Effects”