Oh the temptation... Arturia.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
pascual
KVRist
419 posts since 15 Jul, 2003 from costa rica / oregon

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:55 am

My collection of soft synths is pretty healthy I believe. impOSCar, minimonsta, oddity, tal-u-no, analog lab, the awesome and free Kontakt and Reaktor instruments, Razor, Zebra, plus CM mag and other freebies...

Yet Arturias algorithms are bombarding me with the Black Friday V Collection offer.... aaaahhhh.

Should I go for it? 199$ is such a steal. And Analog Lab has given me a fruitful taste of all those old school gems....
Damn.
B.
paz por esos mundos

User avatar
phreaque
KVRian
941 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:57 am

Yes it deserves. That's the shortest answer.
Saif Sameer - content designer
Reveal-Sound Image-Line SoundCloud

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
7264 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:02 am

It is getting harder and harder to resist with all that you get. I've long not really liked the Arturia sound of the vintage analog emulations. There is something I think in their anti-aliasing, or TAE method that just doesn't sound right to me. Quite lifeless, no punch. Same with EPs and Clav. However with all the latest digital synths and even a couple newer analogs, there is something to find to like in those dozens of instruments. So even I was won over. I however bought V collection 6 for 100 usd second hand. That's the price for a single synth from most devs, so couldn't resist. Even thought of upgrading to V7 for 99 usd to get the other three but meh, don't need 'em. We'll see this time next year though...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

AdvancedFollower
KVRian
545 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:27 am

If you're new to the V Collection, this time of year is always the best time to get into it, with the discounts.
The quality is a bit inconsistent, since some of the plugins in the collection have been around for many years, while others are new. At least the older plugins are very CPU-friendly, which is nice. To me, they all sound perfectly fine and usable in the context of a mix.

Local Man
KVRian
677 posts since 31 May, 2017

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 am

I feel the same way.
I have Komplete, Diva, Legend, Repro, M-Tron Pro, all the stock Logic stuff, a bunch of random cheap and free stuff. And oh yeah, all that fun CM stuff. Much of which I rarely use. Not because it's not good but just because there is not enough time.

And then I see those Arturia adds. And they look so nice. And you get so much for only $200 (crossgrade from a free filter I got awhile back). And I don't have a CZ emu or a Synclavier, or a Buchla, or a Moog Modular, or a...

Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9034 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:47 am

Local Man wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 am
Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.
That sounds painful :hihi: I would buy the Collection instead :D
Fernando (FMR)

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2523 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:11 am

fmr wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:47 am
Local Man wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 am
Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.
That sounds painful :hihi: I would buy the Collection instead :D
:lol:
A well-behaved signature.

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRist
371 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Don't know what the proverb in English is, but in German I would say:
Wie die Katze um den heißen Brei herum schleichen...
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature sound

User avatar
mladi
KVRian
724 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Calenberger wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:22 pm
Don't know what the proverb in English is, but in German I would say:
Wie die Katze um den heißen Brei herum schleichen...
to pussyfoot around? :D
Image
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|Presonus Eris E8 XT|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|Native Instruments Kontrol S61 MK2|Stein­berg CC121|Akai FL Studio Fire|Steinberg Cubase 10 Pro|FL Studio 20.5

pascual
KVRist
419 posts since 15 Jul, 2003 from costa rica / oregon

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:13 pm

Local Man wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 am
I feel the same way.
I have Komplete, Diva, Legend, Repro, M-Tron Pro, all the stock Logic stuff, a bunch of random cheap and free stuff. And oh yeah, all that fun CM stuff. Much of which I rarely use. Not because it's not good but just because there is not enough time.

And then I see those Arturia adds. And they look so nice. And you get so much for only $200 (crossgrade from a free filter I got awhile back). And I don't have a CZ emu or a Synclavier, or a Buchla, or a Moog Modular, or a...

Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.
Grab some tequila while you’re at it.

But yes. The thing that really adds to my temptation is that I have an Arturia controller, which I love, and they link up so nicely with their plugins!
paz por esos mundos

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1523 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Sometimes I'm tempted. But then I look at the list of included plugins, and I have zero interest in the organs and pianos. Then I think about the fact I already own the SEM V, Repro 1 & 5, ME-80, OB-Xd, and wonder how much more virtual analog do I really need?

Already have the VirtualCZ so I don't need the CZ V. When it comes down to it, all I really want out of it are the DX7 and Mellotron. At a cost of £170 with my discount, that's £85 each, which isn't terrible compared to some other synths and is cheaper than buying them separately. But still, I feel hesitant to pay for some reason. I think it's the feeling of acquiring a bunch of stuff that I'm not going to use.

User avatar
sureno
KVRian
1068 posts since 4 May, 2008 from West London Depot

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:38 pm

They are solid instruments and a solid company, wouldn’t give it a seconds more thought on it and buy them

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9034 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Vortifex wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:24 pm
Already have the VirtualCZ so I don't need the CZ V.
Believe me... You do. I have a Casio CZ-1000 and I was never able to get exact replicas of it's sounds with VirtualCZ. With CZ V, I did. And there's a lot more in CZ V than VirtualCZ...
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1523 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:32 pm

fmr wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:45 pm
Vortifex wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:24 pm
Already have the VirtualCZ so I don't need the CZ V.
Believe me... You do. I have a Casio CZ-1000 and I was never able to get exact replicas of it's sounds with VirtualCZ. With CZ V, I did. And there's a lot more in CZ V than VirtualCZ...
Oh, alright :D Downloading...

Local Man
KVRian
677 posts since 31 May, 2017

Re: Oh the temptation... Arturia.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:21 pm

pascual wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:13 pm
Local Man wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 am
I feel the same way.
I have Komplete, Diva, Legend, Repro, M-Tron Pro, all the stock Logic stuff, a bunch of random cheap and free stuff. And oh yeah, all that fun CM stuff. Much of which I rarely use. Not because it's not good but just because there is not enough time.

And then I see those Arturia adds. And they look so nice. And you get so much for only $200 (crossgrade from a free filter I got awhile back). And I don't have a CZ emu or a Synclavier, or a Buchla, or a Moog Modular, or a...

Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.
Grab some tequila while you’re at it.

But yes. The thing that really adds to my temptation is that I have an Arturia controller, which I love, and they link up so nicely with their plugins!
Ah yes, and I have a Komplete Kontrol keyboard and all the Arturia stuff is wonderfully NKS compliant.

And did I mention that I also have Reason and all of those instruments. My priority should really be upgrading that so I can more easily use it in my DAW of choice.

But that undo menu...

Return to “Instruments”