Oh the temptation... Arturia.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shouldn't have looked at this Thread. Arturia V Collection 7 is now in My Account.

Upgrade completed. :) Money depleted. :(
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Good job all the way around in selling these guys, ha.

I would completely agree that there something off about the sound. That said, I still love the sounds and have upgraded every time since V3. (In all I spent about $600, ha.) But I have gotten to enjoy and learn more about these synths.

They do sales on their preset packs too. I regret not just purchasing all of them this last time (last month, I got about half of them). But a new sale will come around.

Enjoy your acquisitions!

I have v4 thanks to a generous KVRian a while back. I assumed I'd have a path to upgrade in my account, but alas the cheapest I can get it for is $299, which is the same price as for everyone who doesn't already own Arturia products.

I don't have the money to buy it for myself but if I could get it for $199, I could ask for an early Xmas present and probably get it. There's no way my family is gonna spend 300 bucks on VSTs! :hihi:

Anyway, I just find it odd that I wouldn't have a discounted upgrade path in my account.

Maybe you should contact them and inquire about your upgrade price.

Aloysius wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:26 pm Shouldn't have looked at this Thread. Arturia V Collection 7 is now in My Account.

You just helped the French economy. You're doing good work, son. Stand proud. :wink:
A well-behaved signature.

Maybe they can purchase a few yellow vests with it. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Arturia should give me a bonus discount for starting this thread.
paz por esos mundos

I have Collection V5. I dont use it. Keep it updated, but can't get in to it. Tried few times. Sounds basic. Sounds like leads, pads- nothing that I dont have. Boring. What do you use it for? They offer upgrade to V 7 for $100, but I dont know...

Astralv wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:06 am I have Collection V5. I dont use it. Keep it updated, but can't get in to it. Tried few times. Sounds basic. Sounds like leads, pads- nothing that I dont have. Boring. What do you use it for? They offer upgrade to V 7 for $100, but I dont know...
I've always thought you could get some really nice pads with the older Arturia synths; maybe not exactly the presets, but by tweaking some of them. To me, not boring at all, although maybe not accurate to what they're emulating.

The newer Arturia (DX 7, Easel, Synthi, Synclavier) synths just sound quality to me.
A well-behaved signature.

Wish I hadn't seen this thread...most of them I don't need, but seeing the Synthi, the Easel, the ARP2600 and the Vox Continental...

Will hold off until tomorrow and see how I feel, but $199 is so tempting...

I'm a big fan of Arturia synths - the V Collection has enough to keep any synth enthusiast occupied for a loooong time.

It's fun to play around with pretty accurate emulations of classic synths that were, for most, unaffordable back in their day... and some of them still are!

If there's a few that you know you'd use, then yes, go for it.

pascual wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:55 pm My collection of soft synths is pretty healthy I believe. impOSCar, minimonsta, oddity, tal-u-no, analog lab, the awesome and free Kontakt and Reaktor instruments, Razor, Zebra, plus CM mag and other freebies...

Yet Arturias algorithms are bombarding me with the Black Friday V Collection offer.... aaaahhhh.

Should I go for it? 199$ is such a steal. And Analog Lab has given me a fruitful taste of all those old school gems....
Damn.
B.
yes, do it

Aloysius wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:26 pm Shouldn't have looked at this Thread. Arturia V Collection 7 is now in My Account.

Make some music and earn some money back

I went for it. My price was 199 Eur and it offered to let me pay in four monthly installments. Wouldn't do it otherwise, but I can handle 50 a month. I KNOW for a fact, that I'm not gonna use it too often, cause I'm really a digital synth kind of guy that's not using presets too often ... but ya know ... sometimes an occasion appears that somebody requests something retro-sounding ... of there's a place for mellotron or B3 in a track. Yeah. Without the Piano (didn't like that one too much) it's around 10 gigs. I can spare 10 gigs on having some options. :))
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Return to “Instruments”