Oh the temptation... Arturia.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Where did you find the option to pay in installments? Directly from Arturia or via Splice?

Astralv wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:06 am I have Collection V5. I dont use it. Keep it updated, but can't get in to it. Tried few times. Sounds basic. Sounds like leads, pads- nothing that I dont have. Boring. What do you use it for? They offer upgrade to V 7 for $100, but I dont know...
I'm in the exact same boat. I have Collection V4. $100 to V7 seems like a no brainer. On the other hand, a bargain on something you don't use isn't a bargain. I wish they came out with a "modern" synths collection. I can't get into a bunch of vintage synths to do modern music. I keep saying no way but the price keeps me thinking before the deal expires.

I always have this feeling that Arturia make less than convincing emulations. However, when I listen to really old '80s music, I can hear that all the synth sounds can easily be replicated using this collection.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNlchN3Ej4Y

Maybe their coding has gotten better over the years.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Screw it. I’m going to buy it. At this price I probably shouldn’t let it slip past me, and maybe I’ll take some of my stuff I don’t use so much and sell it here.

Edit: I ordered it while I was eating my lunch, and the order showed as “Pending”. 30 minutes later and still shows the same - anyone else had this problem?

AnalogLab has been specifically a preset player for me. They could get me to buy the presets of the full collection but I have yet to find reason in getting the collection itself. When I think of programming my own, it's with "inspired by" synths rather than emulated ones.

Yeah and there is still enough scope to mould the AL presets to fit them into a song, so it's not strictly just a preset machine. I think it strikes a decent balance.
Vortifex wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:24 pmWhen it comes down to it, all I really want out of it are the DX7 and Mellotron. At a cost of £170 with my discount, that's £85 each, which isn't terrible compared to some other synths and is cheaper than buying them separately. But still, I feel hesitant to pay for some reason. I think it's the feeling of acquiring a bunch of stuff that I'm not going to use.
Sometimes they do discounts on individual instruments. They were selling them each for half-price at some point last year. Just wait until they do it again. $200 for the collection is a great price but I'm like you - I don't want or need most of what's on offer so it becomes more expensive when you are buying it for just one or two things. I'm happy to stick with Analog Lab for the moment.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Been going through the V6 collection tonight, which I just bought.
My thoughts:
-The plugins are excellent on Touch screen. You can actually move multiple knobs/parameters at the same. And they fixed whatever issue they used to have where menus didn't respond. Everything works perfect on touch screens now. That's cool.
-I like the newer digital synths. Mainly DX7 and Synclavier. Don't think I'd really get into the Fairlight much.
-I like a couple of the organs - VOX and Farfisa. B3 don't really care about since I prefer the NI ones. Solina is ok and piano is usable.
-Most of the analog emulations are even worse than I remember. Pretty disappointed. Can't see myself using any of them. Maybe I might try to use the Matrix-12 or Buchla once in a while, but don't even really care about them. There are just so many better analog sounding synths out there and I'm used to them. The Electric Pianos and clav are also as bad as I remember.

So realistically I'd sometimes use the Synclavier, the DX7 (though I'd still use Dexed too), the piano, a couple organs and maybe Solina. Maybe play with the Buchla though not sure it's my cup of tea.

Feels like a distraction in some ways, but maybe I'll just remove anything I don't like and keep a few things. For some reason after its been a while I think maybe I'll like those older ones again. But nope, never do.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:59 am -Most of the analog emulations are even worse than I remember. Pretty disappointed. Can't see myself using any of them.
I don't get the reasoning here. Are the emulation bad synths? No, in fact there are some extraordinary sounds to be had if Analog Lab is any indication. So what if it's meant to be a Buchla Easel but doesn't sound much like one? If it sounds good, surely that's all that matters? I find one of the real strengths of Analog Lab is that it doesn't concentrate on which instrument was used, it's much more about the sounds that you can make with the collection and, trust me, you can make some amazing sounds.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BONES wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:36 am Yeah and there is still enough scope to mould the AL presets to fit them into a song, so it's not strictly just a preset machine. I think it strikes a decent balance.
Completely agree.
And my main focus in using it is as an organ first. Using the synths/keyboards as percussives, pads or doubling to those.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:59 pm Where did you find the option to pay in installments? Directly from Arturia or via Splice?
It's now possible to split your payment directly in our website.
When you click on the buy button you can choose between 1,2,3 or 4 installments.

Kevin

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:40 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:59 pm Where did you find the option to pay in installments? Directly from Arturia or via Splice?
When you click on the buy button you can choose between 1,2,3 or 4 installments.

Kevin
I can't find it :dog:
The first button just says "99,00€ 299,00€ - Buy Now"

Then I get to the page where I have to fill out address, name etc. It says €99 total, I can choose between Paypal, Credit Card or "Braintree Payment". The last button just says "Confirm order" which I assume places the order for €99...

Edit: Found it! When you add it from https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... verview#en it just takes you straight to the order configuration page. When you click the buy button at https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-19#en you get the options for installments.

"My Arturia" page is broken, for ordering the upgrade and seeing the split payment option. Here's what worked for me.. Delete the upgrade from your shopping cart. Go to the main Arturia page and select the Black Friday upgrade page ( https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-19#en ). On *this* page, select the Buy Now $99 button. This should take you to an intermediate page, where you see the option to split the order from 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x and choose Add to Cart.

hth -

joe
AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:46 pm
Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Kevin
I can't find it :dog:
The first button just says "99,00€ 299,00€ - Buy Now"

Then I get to the page where I have to fill out address, name etc. It says €99 total, I can choose between Paypal, Credit Card or "Braintree Payment". The last button just says "Confirm order" which I assume places the order for €99...

Edit: Found it! When you add it from https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... verview#en it just takes you straight to the order configuration page. When you click the buy button at https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-19#en you get the options for installments.

As an owner of V6, I'm skipping this one. Not really interested in the 3 synths they added in V7.

BONES wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:22 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:59 am -Most of the analog emulations are even worse than I remember. Pretty disappointed. Can't see myself using any of them.
I don't get the reasoning here. Are the emulation bad synths? No, in fact there are some extraordinary sounds to be had if Analog Lab is any indication. So what if it's meant to be a Buchla Easel but doesn't sound much like one? If it sounds good, surely that's all that matters? I find one of the real strengths of Analog Lab is that it doesn't concentrate on which instrument was used, it's much more about the sounds that you can make with the collection and, trust me, you can make some amazing sounds.
Well, bad is a pretty relative term. But would I rate them higher than many freeware synths? No. And I don't mean just in terms of sounding like the originals. I mean on their own most of the VAs just don't have the characteristics I like in most synths, analog or otherwise. There is something in the frequencies that I find unpleasant in many of them. I would say the sound is usually weak. There's a lot of ways I could attempt to describe it, but if I just load up Repro, Legend, Oddity, impOscar, Diva, OPX-Pro, Tal Uno or 101, Korg Oddyssey, Monark and Blocks, Rob Papen or a whole list of other ones, in comparison, most Arturia synths seem to be missing something in the sound. Just my opinion of course. And I want to like them because they work well for my setup and some of the models are just interesting in a historic sense. There was a time that I enjoyed the sound, but tastes change I guess. But no hate for Arturia from me, they are doing plenty of good things.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”