'W' teaser - The most amazing product in Behringer’s 30 year history!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks nice. Would need to study to figure whether it would do me any good, even if the price is right. It would have done me more good many years ago but am scaled back now and numerous nice enough features would probably go un-used.

Just need to know more what it does at what price to figure out if it would be worth the money and the extra "cockpit space" it would gobble up.

Here is a nice handson review sweetwater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeEzW3X85-E

2 SD cards can do 64 channels mixing onboard - wow.
Going back to portastudio days in a futuristic way.

Seems cool as anything...

Sweetwater is taking pre orders at 3499.

1ms round-trip latency they say.

1ms round-trip latency would mean you could use it to offload fx processing from your DAW (like a UAD card)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Looks cool. I cannot afford one, nor provide the space for one. I’m happy with Logic and my Behringer X-Touch.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Wonder how many asio channel configs in the driver.

Also would it be crazy expensive complicated or can they make it simple to use Ethernet audio with a daw. Ideally some kind of asio driver that would work with a cheap generic gigabit Ethernet port.

Last time I googled Ethernet audio was sparse info and expensive hardware couldn't even get a good idea how it would work with daw, apparently (so far) mostly aimed at expensive hi end pro audio concert systems and such.

My desk pc is maybe 5 years old not real slow. Was purt fast for its era. The xr18 asio driver can be set for 2x2 or 16x16. I usually use 2x2 because thru latency is lots bigger at 16x16. Thru latency wouldn't matter recording 16tracka live off a multi miked band, but matters for other stuff including using the xr18 as external FX box. Even the xr18 has more built in plugins than I got around to testing.

I mean maybe the fastest pc made in 2019 would help somewhat but how low are we gonna get practical USB latency in multiples of 16 channels? Even with the fastest computer on the planet lotsa audio crammed thru USB 2 is not exactly gonna be instant.

I'm just rambling about the idea posed above of using this mixer as an external FX box. Some or maybe most daws can perhaps do track-by-track playback offsets about the same as they deal with plugins which have internal latency.

But unless Ethernet audio gets simple and cheap and turns out lots faster than USB 2 audio, then pc to mixer to pc latency is probably gonna be lots bigger than the trivial 1 ms internal mixer latency.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 pm Looks cool. I cannot afford one, nor provide the space for one. I’m happy with Logic and my Behringer X-Touch.
I bet they will scale it down too, like "cut it in half".

Ah - this reminds me of the old, low-price Alesis 1622 mixer! :tu: So nifty at the time, for connecting all our (obviously hardware) synths.

It seems Allen & Heath feels the heat, as I just saw an ad for their Behringer equivalent. It looks very cool - beautiful, I don't know... :hihi:

https://www.allen-heath.com/avantis/
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Yes, unlike in the cheap analog synth market, behringer has some serious competition at this price point...it’s own much cheaper x32 with a lot more io as standard and a lot of other cool 96k desks...I am not so sure these will fly of the shelves...when the x32 first came out it was like double the specification and half the price...digital mixing for the masses...I’m not really sure what this one is yet...evolution not revolution and a price quite a bit higher than I was expecting ...for shock and awe they needed to be half that.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:56 pm ..for shock and awe they needed to be half that.
Maybe they settled for awe. :D
Go MuLab!

lfm wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:26 pm Here is a nice handson review sweetwater
2 SD cards can do 64 channels mixing onboard - wow.
Going back to portastudio days in a futuristic way.

Seems cool as anything...
I agree with the similarity to portastudios - it sort of reminds me of my TASCAM 488 (in a good and, as you say, "futuristic way").

Having watched the entire video, I must say 3,500 dollars is actually shock and awe. This beast is amazing! :band: :harp:

Hats off for the interface concepts too. Very clever.

A detail I found very interesting is the StageConnect system: 32 audio channels in ONE XLR cable! :o

This is really, really good work, Behringer! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Go MuLab!

Energy XT3.

SparkySpark wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:37 pm
Having watched the entire video, I must say 3,500 dollars is actually shock and awe. This beast is amazing! :band: :harp:

This is really, really good work, Behringer! :clap: :clap: :clap:
It is a lot of desk and the price is good, but its in the same league/price bracket as the Q6/Q7 which have a lot more mike pre's and are 96K (4 x as many pre-s with the Q7, by the time you have 'added that on' with a network stage box you are closer to 5K)

https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/sq-7/

I still think the X32 is much better value -a lot of the same fx and routing options, you have networking over ethernet cable to get your stage boxes on one small cable and its half the cost with 4 x the mike preamps....32/32 AISO over USB- you can even get all this on the producer (with 2x the mike pre's of the wing) for about 800 quid!)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”