Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V still recommendable?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:29 pm I wonder if they'll work fine too using jBridge on Windows 10 64 bit. Might try that tomorrow.
The Steinberg version won't even install on Windows 10 64 bit. There might be a way ( https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=346 ), but buying the new version from Waldorf is probably the best and easiest solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It seems not meant to be. I simply can't login. Error: CB Login module not created (required). It shouldn't be so hard to make a purchase. This added to the posts in this topic about instability and such plus the fact that I haven't used these plugins in ages, has made me decide not to purchase any of the new products.

ians wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:58 am Anyone know if PPG 3 has the randomise function of v2 by pressing alt-akku button? That button isn't on version 3. I found some great stuff with that button.
Please clarify; What is the alt - akku button?

mrsugmad wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:24 am
ians wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:58 am Anyone know if PPG 3 has the randomise function of v2 by pressing alt-akku button? That button isn't on version 3. I found some great stuff with that button.
Please clarify; What is the alt - akku button?
Found the manual; apparently the akku is a button on the VST:

""If you hold down [Alt] while pressing the AKKU button, a random sound is crea-ted (similar to the original PPG, which did this, when its internal battery was empty). You really should try out this function, as new interesting Sounds can be created this way.""

The Waldorf edition bundle is at the JRR shop right now for $40. PPG 2V, attack and D-pole
A no-brainer "HONEY, WHERE'S MY CREDIT CARD?" :roll:

EDIT: 10% discount $36 bucks

Recently got this. It's 100% recommendable if you want great classic sounding synths. But UI is quite old fashioned. Don't get it if you easily get annoyed by this.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

FREE DOWNLOAD: Waldorf Edition 2 LE

I was hoping for success this time, but...

Error: CB Login module not created (required). :dog:

Anyone else having the same Waldorf account login problem?

Never received an activation e-mail or a password reset e-mail.
I've tried to register a new myWaldorf account, but my login is blocked!
Created on: 11/4/19 - CW 45 – Last changed on: 1/22/20 - CW 4
If you get an error message like CB Login module not created (required), please use the support form in the upper right corner. Our team will unlock your account shortly. Otherwise, please retry with a mail address from a different mail service provider. Yahoo, Hotmail and Sbcglobal are known to block our mails sometimes.
:roll:

I got the same
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

mrsugmad wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:47 am
The Waldorf edition bundle is at the JRR shop right now for $40. PPG 2V, attack and D-pole
A no-brainer "HONEY, WHERE'S MY CREDIT CARD?" :roll:

EDIT: 10% discount $36 bucks
HONEY, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!! :dog:

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:55 pm FREE DOWNLOAD: Waldorf Edition 2 LE

I was hoping for success this time, but...

Error: CB Login module not created (required). :dog:

Anyone else having the same Waldorf account login problem?

Never received an activation e-mail or a password reset e-mail.
I've tried to register a new myWaldorf account, but my login is blocked!
Created on: 11/4/19 - CW 45 – Last changed on: 1/22/20 - CW 4
If you get an error message like CB Login module not created (required), please use the support form in the upper right corner. Our team will unlock your account shortly. Otherwise, please retry with a mail address from a different mail service provider. Yahoo, Hotmail and Sbcglobal are known to block our mails sometimes.
try again, registration a bit slow

same here
but after an hour or so the email came and activation went on smoothly
so: be patient

p.s.:
i cannot get the installer to work on hiSierra - it crashes as soon as i hit "continue"
(it does work on another computer with mountanLion though)

anybody ?

i am in contact with waldorf support
tried various installers (v2.2.0, 2.2.2, 2.2.3) all to no avail

could be an APFS problem?

Well, after going through the lengthy and overly convoluted way to get this, I'm wondering why I wasted the time.
I hate using the term "dated" for its sound, but it seems to fit here. It's definitely not instantly gratifying, but it's small enough to leave in the folder for now.
While waiting for support/registration, I also downloaded the trials for Largo, Lecto & Nave. And equally found the sounds to be uninteresting. I'll give them all some more time, but first impression for me is they're not as impressive as I once thought years back.

I dont know, I still adore this stuff (waldorf edition 2 especially) and how it sounds (with zero cpu usage). Just my favorite plugins )

I'm in the took ages camp but even after that there is some error so no download. On the upside, whilst I didn't get anything they did get a smidgen of my data so not a loss for everyone

I'm glad the 64 bit versions work. The original 32 bit Steinberg/Waldorf plugins wouldn't install on Windows 64 bit. Honestly I don't know if I'll use then that much though. These plugins are more nostalgia for me. From that point of view it's a pity that the GUIs have been modernized. About the sound, on their own they aren't as powerful as new plugins, but with a bit of processing these can sound interesting.

I was demoing different synths on sale just to remind myself I didn't need any of them but this one I couldn't resist.

Despite its old GUI, it is a joy to program your own sounds on it. I have never used a real PPG but I understand now why this synth is such a classic.

Even before effects, the core sound blew me away. Then you add the layering, being able to have as many voices as you want without worrying about freezing your CPU, having access to all the original wavetables+samples...

I recently got DUNE 3 but it wasn't love at first sight like with this one.

Amazing what you can get for free/cheap nowadays: Vital, Surge, Largo, Wavestation, Dexed...

Return to “Instruments”