Your favorite strings!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm also (for the time being) attracted to the best price is best model. I've tried them all and have issues with spending too much (though I'm going to be gone soon :lol: )

Used to be Rotosound yellows 10's, + spare high E string. 25 packs = £114.50
Now it's Harley Benton Valuestrings 010                           25 packs = £24.50
Now, it's whatever is cheap, the difference to me is negligible.

Last edited by The Noodlist on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Dean Markley jazz guage. The heaviest they make.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I like the Ernie Ball slinky 9s on my Strat. Elixirs are nice too. A bit pricey though! And they get furry in the picking area!

I have Elixir Nanoweb 80/20 bronze 10s on my Big Baby Taylor acoustic and like those.

Electric Guitar: DR Pure Blues
Acoustic Guitar: D'Addario Phosphor Bronze
Electric Bass: DR Fat Beams

Elixir Nanowebs on my new strat build and Variax, both 9-42.
Haven't replaced bass strings yet, but will probably use dean markley blue steels.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

for most I use Elixir Polyweb 10 - 46 gauge. they are great sound and last long

This chap uses a A string for a Low E and changes the flatwound strings once a tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr7ScpVj1QY
Bassist sounds great using a budget bass with upgraded pickups with 8yr old flatwounds. Sounds retro.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

It seems the vid I posted earlier was missing the point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78rIMpkWGJk&t=395s

for most I use Ernie Ball and Elixir brands

D'Addario NYXL 10-46 on all my electrics.

Slinky 10-46 on two guitars, as I’m just used to them, they’re always available locally, and yeah, they suit me well enough.

Much heavier on the other electric, can’t quite recall. But anyway, it’s tuned way down, so there’s that.

Standard issue Elixir for the acoustic. Seems I’m not very adventurous re: strings, lol.

Oh, and Cobalts foe the bass. Again, probably pretty common.

Been using EB Super Slinky strings for a long time. I'll check out those videos a little later though I've been wondering about getting thicker strings as I become more interested in doom and drone styles.

Yet to replace the strings on my bass after a number of years but I have some more EBs for that.

Return to “Guitars”