3am - of the clock (album)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
justin3am
KVRAF
10868 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:58 pm

toonertik wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:09 pm
vurt wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:58 am

you eat every day? am i supposed to?
I do these days...

BUT I sure had some days when food ...

nah... just another gram or 2... or

hang on... lets split an...

:whistles:
:lol: I remember those days... these days Brit and I have conversations which are like "Well, if we really want the granite counter top, we'll only be eating top ramen for a few months." We've come a long way over the last 10 years.

wagtunes
KVRAF
17615 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: 3am - of the clock (album)

Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Fascinating. Your process sounds like a lot of fun. Almost made we want to do something like it. But alas, I have no hardware anymore. I'd have to build a whole new studio after gutting my old one.

Maybe if I win the lottery one day.

justin3am
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:50 pm

You don't need a whole studio of gear, just play with stuff you have around. Do you have a metal mixing bowl? That's a great percussion instrument! Get a sample of it and load it into a granular sample player. You don't need a great mic. Some of the earliest music I made was recorded with the mic on a webcam. I use an old radioshack lapel mic for lots of stuff, because it kinda reminds me of that webcam mic. :lol:

But the key is to have fun, right. If you have fun working in the box, do that. :)

wagtunes
KVRAF
17615 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:56 pm

justin3am wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:50 pm
You don't need a whole studio of gear, just play with stuff you have around. Do you have a metal mixing bowl? That's a great percussion instrument! Get a sample of it and load it into a granular sample player. You don't need a great mic. Some of the earliest music I made was recorded with the mic on a webcam. I use an old radioshack lapel mic for lots of stuff, because it kinda reminds me of that webcam mic. :lol:

But the key is to have fun, right. If you have fun working in the box, do that. :)
:tu:

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
25125 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:51 pm

My new favourite album. Production is top notch, great use of creative and spacial effects. Perfect late night listening (it's almost 2am here). Sounds really good on my Genelecs. Cool stuff Justin. Bought :)

justin3am
KVRAF

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Hey thanks! And thanks to everyone who bought the album.

Return to “Music Cafe”