XLN Audio news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fedexnman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:35 am Yeah they just updated XLN XO as well , does anyone have this and like this ?
Have it, love it. XO may not fit everyone’s needs (particularly if you make uber complex drum rhythms) but for most I think it is the one stop shop drum sample organizer and drum kit sequencer that you will ever need.

My only gripe is I wish the updates came faster. It’s fantastic right now but there’s also tons of potential with such a cool product.

Ryan99 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:14 am You can buy Atlas from Algonaut at 49$ (50% off). Similar concept, with a sequencer coming in a free update early 2020.
Have Atlas. Not a fan.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

XO is really dope, at $89 it’s a f**king bargain!

If you have XLN XO, do you need AudioModern Playbeat? Can't check XO features in detail right now, but does it help with beat creation, randomization and stuff?

Damn. That's a deal i couldn't resist!

Discount works for RC-20 too, btw

Will JRR Shop or AudioDeluxe accept the code soon? If so, that makes the deal really interesting. It's already $152 without the 50% code (9B1E0F2B) at AudioDeluxe.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 am Will JRR Shop or AudioDeluxe accept the code soon? If so, that makes the deal really interesting. It's already $152 without the 50% code (9B1E0F2B) at AudioDeluxe.
No, it’s pre-Black Friday sale, exclusive to XLN Audio.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:51 am XO is really dope, at $89 it’s a f**king bargain!
Edit: just bought it :tu:
Last edited by sureno on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:22 am If you have XLN XO, do you need AudioModern Playbeat? Can't check XO features in detail right now, but does it help with beat creation, randomization and stuff?
I have both. I've returned relatively recently to having drums in tracks and frankly I'm a bit hopeless so I need all the help I can get.

If you know what you are doing in terms of making a drum track and you stick to fairly regular type beats then I don't think you need Playbeat..but if you want to generate 100 or so different rhythm things then get it. You get complete randomization in terms of beat placement, velocity and pitch.

From memory XO doesn't allow you to completely randomize the beat placement - it has a set of 10 or so patterns per sequencer lane that you can swap out what you currently have.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Ryan99 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:28 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 am Will JRR Shop or AudioDeluxe accept the code soon? If so, that makes the deal really interesting. It's already $152 without the 50% code (9B1E0F2B) at AudioDeluxe.
No, it’s pre-Black Friday sale, exclusive to XLN Audio.
Okay, thanks, guess will wait and also figure out if I really need it.

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:30 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:22 am If you have XLN XO, do you need AudioModern Playbeat? Can't check XO features in detail right now, but does it help with beat creation, randomization and stuff?
I have both. I've returned relatively recently to having drums in tracks and frankly I'm a bit hopeless so I need all the help I can get.

If you know what you are doing in terms of making a drum track and you stick to fairly regular type beats then I don't think you need Playbeat..but if you want to generate 100 or so different rhythm things then get it. You get complete randomization in terms of beat placement, velocity and pitch.

From memory XO doesn't allow you to completely randomize the beat placement - it has a set of 10 or so patterns per sequencer lane that you can swap out what you currently have.
Thanks for the help. Looks like I need to demo and compare them side by side. I definitely don't need out of the world ryhthms for my main beats, but it might help to create some interesting rhythms for improving the arrangement as a whole. Since they can accept "any" type of samples, it will be good to "funk" up some non-drum sounds.

Playbeat definitely has a price advantage and updates are free for life (and seem relatively faster). Also, if it goes on BF sale it can be picked up for about $33.

I'd like to see a new version of Addictive Drums. Will there be a v3.0 down the line?

nvm
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Hi there, I am demoing XO and anyone please show me how to init the preset ? I want to create the drum kit / patterns from scratch. Thanks!

Edited: I found the preset called "Init". Thanks

Damn, I've been demoing XO the last couple of days and now the 50% discount code has expired. Oh well, I guess there will be a Black Friday sale too.

Return to “Instruments”