Mackie LM3204 a good choice ???

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got 3X Behringer RX1602, for all my synths in the studio,..

Miss more sends, and even more, being able to track stereo synths to DAW, quick, direct, no patching !

16 stereo channels is minimum

Is Mackie LM3204 what I am looking for ?

Pros ? Cons ?

How about noise ?

(sitting permanent direct in recording-chain, not able to bypass EQ might not be optimal)
HM

I had a Mackie 1642VLZ PRO... I bought it second hand... when I test it , the guy put loud music in it, and it worked perfectly... but after I arrived at my church, very soon started to appear troubles. The problem was when I played low music or low volume speak, the signal started to interrupt..as soon as I raised the volume at top, the singal was back on... I bought it from far distance, personally, and a return was not an option.. So I took it to engineer, wich, after 4-5 dismantles of the unit, he could not find the trouble.. he cleaned it, worked ok a little while, then the troubles appeared again... So, when you take in account used stuff, take your time to test them throughly. Hope it helps my experience :)

respect

=Michael=

Milisonics wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:33 pm I had a Mackie 1642VLZ PRO... I bought it second hand... when I test it , the guy put loud music in it, and it worked perfectly... but after I arrived at my church, very soon started to appear troubles. The problem was when I played low music or low volume speak, the signal started to interrupt..as soon as I raised the volume at top, the singal was back on... I bought it from far distance, personally, and a return was not an option.. So I took it to engineer, wich, after 4-5 dismantles of the unit, he could not find the trouble.. he cleaned it, worked ok a little while, then the troubles appeared again... So, when you take in account used stuff, take your time to test them throughly. Hope it helps my experience :)

respect

=Michael=
Thanks Michael, this I take in account, and I take chances also regulary :)

I am a technician myself, and can do basic repair on analog equipment, needed be, but I see the pain paying someone else, "throwing good money afte bad money" as we put it around here in DK

The failure you describe in the 1642VLZ is very evil to tackle ,... it can be a number of things

Price is half compared to normal on the LM3204, I did read some possitive old reviews since my first post, and also a good college recomended excatly this mixer meanwhile, then I downloaded the manual to dive further into the routing, etc,.. all good,..

Finaly I decided to just take the chance and contacted the seller

At first I did not recognise hes telephone number ,.. but funny ,.. when speaking to him I did realize that I did another deal with him a year back, where all went well, he seems to be a nice person,..

So I will pick up the mixer next monday, quick decision,...

But we can all still discus the LM3204 mixer in this thread obviously :)
HM

I've used a LM3204 for nearly a decade and it's going strong. The weakest point is there are no XLR inputs. I primarily run solely 1/4", so this typically isn't a problem, until I want to add in a mic'ed source to the effects rack. It's never failed me and has been through a lot of moves through the years.

Regarding the 1604, those are typically rack-mounted and taken out on the road frequently. They're difficult to find in good (let alone pristine) condition. I use a 1202 and it's been great and is perfect for live applications.
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”