[PC] Signal Noise SN01/SN01-G Compressor (Free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I`m on this little surprise and I`ll try it furthermore, it has some serious balls.
Black Friday is tomorrow, a freebie is today.

From the site:

"Don’t let the price fool you – the best things in life are free."

"SN01/SN01-G is a dynamic range compression plug-in,
inspired by two classic VCA buss compressors of UK and US variety.
It has linked feed-forward topology,
with highly variable knee, optional internal side-chain filtering and ‘push’ effect,
and adjustable wet/dry ratio.
The plug-in is designed to work both as musically pleasing buss glue
while also being an efficient channel insert with low ASIO/CPU footprint.

Delving further into the details, the features look like this:

threshold from +20dB to -20dB (zero mark is at -20dBFS)
ratio from 1:1 (no compression) to infinity (brick-wall)
gain up to +24dB
attack in range from 0.03ms to 30ms
release in range from 50ms to 2 seconds
adjustable knee width 0-24dB (0dB = hard-knee)
adjustable knee strength (0% = hard knee)
2 optional filters for internal side-chain
optional ‘push’ effect for more extreme compression
dry/wet control for parallel compression (0-100%)
no saturation modelling ..."

https://senderspike.wordpress.com/2019/11/12/sn01g/

Some things are on my wishlist but I don`t want to blurt it straight out.

What do you think?
Last edited by Omkar on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

"no saturation modelling"

Lets see [hear] what does it mean...

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the heads up.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Vortifex wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:48 am I don't like the choice of sidechain filter, would have much preferred an adjustable control as the fixed choice reduces its versatility as a master bus compressor. Closing and re-opening the interface in FL Studio makes the Mode and Push dials reset to default.
Currently, I'm contemplating an EQ (among other things), so it may find its way into SC of another comp, I'd like to keep SN01 as lightweight as possible even if not that versatile. Anyway, thanks for inspiration. As for the bug--it's already fixed in version 1.02 (pertained to all versions/DAWs). Thanks for letting me know ;)

Omkar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 am Some things are on my wishlist but I don`t want to blurt it straight out.
I'm all ears :) Btw. thanks for dropping by at Gearslutz ... and also this thread :tu: ;)

O7O wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Omkar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 am Some things are on my wishlist but I don`t want to blurt it straight out.
I'm all ears :) Btw. thanks for dropping by at Gearslutz ... and also this thread :tu: ;)
Gee, I missed to place the link to hp, fixed.

Surprises me the comp doesn`t get a big hello here,
it hardly breaks, squeeze or squash a signal when driven hard.

Reminds me of a Black Rooster demo I had some moons ago, quality clean compression
plus 3x choices on how to compress plus pushes, impressive.

As to ideas,
1. I`ll wait what comes up next
2. it`s a free comp and very fine as is.

Amazing how subs are maintained, especially on comp B,
only supporting thing would be a SC for more accurate shaping.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

@O7O: Thank you for your work! :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Omkar wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:14 pm SC for more accurate shaping.
Vortifex above said the same ^^. I'm slowly starting to play with the EQ and have the feeling that it will find its way into SC of another comp. Think of something like "SN01G as it is" + "this new EQ in SC instead of just two hard-coded curves". Or are there some other ways to shape SC you had in mind?

Btw. sorry for the delayed response, I was finishing this new thing and I didn't want to have my head in two places. I guess multitasking is not my forte :D
Last edited by O7O on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enroe wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:35 am @O7O: Thank you for your work! :clap:
The pleasure's mine ;)

Thank you for this it's great. Got your new VU on my master now as default as well.

I'd like a matching eq similar to this, 4 band+, smooth and simple. Larger GUI option would be nice if you'd ever consider adding it.

Great offering to the freeware world.

Thank you for this. Will download the VU meter aswell. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

s28 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:36 pm I'd like a matching eq similar to this, 4 band+, smooth and simple. Larger GUI option would be nice if you'd ever consider adding it.
Would HPF, LSF/Bell, Bell, HSF/Bell, LPF count as 4 band+? Also, what means "larger GUI" in your book? I guess, 4K screens make my plugs look rather tiny, but that's as far as I thought about it.

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:07 pm Thank you for this. Will download the VU meter aswell. :)
:wheee: :wheee: :)

O7O wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:03 pm
s28 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:36 pm I'd like a matching eq similar to this, 4 band+, smooth and simple. Larger GUI option would be nice if you'd ever consider adding it.
Would HPF, LSF/Bell, Bell, HSF/Bell, LPF count as 4 band+? Also, what means "larger GUI" in your book? I guess, 4K screens make my plugs look rather tiny, but that's as far as I thought about it.
Make it 2 bells for the mids, lsf/bell, hsf/bell plus the hpf and lpf and then it would be ideal in my opinion (6db per octave on the filters as well!).

I can't give specifics on the size, they are just a bit small on my laptop screen, the ability to have x2 or x1.5 would be cool but not a must as it's all visible and totally usable... just some feedback for you.

An EQ of the same quality as this compressor would be great, thanks for listening!

Return to “Effects”