Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
mike_o
KVRist
50 posts since 2 Aug, 2011

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:59 am

After a long and dedicated journey it's finally here...

https://unitedaudio-artists.com/

There is a playlist on my youtube channel showing what SMP can do and some videos about how to use it, more videos will be coming in the near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z80GY5l5Fhk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmeJI6pBS_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUfn5IItTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuaM-bJlxWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0paRcM5O0&t=139s


Scratch Master pro features...

8 selectable slice points
8 Scratch Action Envelopes
8 Gating Rate Triggers with selectable rates
4 banks that can hold up to 128 samples each
Over 100 included samples in vocal phrases and synth tones
4 LFO modulators that are Scratch capable
4 ADSR modulation envelopes
8 midi cc macro inputs
8 selectable key velocity controls for assigning specific key to modulate specific parameters.
A 12 point modulation routing matrix
A complex pattern Sequencer with 16 patterns and pattern arrangement.
Eq, Overdrive, Stereo Delay and Reverb FX
all key triggers are assignable to any midi key.

Scratch Master Pro Features 4 modes of operation for various playing styles.

Scratch Master Pro is powered by Reaktor and works in the Free Reaktor Player and also in the full version of Reaktor 6.3.1 or later

Please let me know if you have any questions about Scratch Master pro.

Thanks to everyone here for all their help over the years.

Michael.

SirkusPi
KVRist
278 posts since 14 Aug, 2012

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am

Congratulations on the release! I assume as a Reaktor ensemble there's no demo, which is unfortunate, but I'm very much looking forward to checking out the many videos, which look to be reasonably thorough, and the price seems fair if Scratch Master Pro works as I hope.

steve.lindqvist
KVRist
220 posts since 20 Jan, 2019

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:23 am

Wow, pretty impressive!!!

mike_o
KVRist
50 posts since 2 Aug, 2011

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:50 am

SirkusPi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am
Congratulations on the release! I assume as a Reaktor ensemble there's no demo, which is unfortunate, but I'm very much looking forward to checking out the many videos, which look to be reasonably thorough, and the price seems fair if Scratch Master Pro works as I hope.

Thank you for saying this, I had completely forgotten to add the demo download link to my site.

It's updated now and yes you can demo it like other commercial Reaktor releases for 30 min at a time.

Let me know if you have any issue trying out the demo mode.
Last edited by mike_o on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike_o
KVRist
50 posts since 2 Aug, 2011

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:51 am

steve.lindqvist wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:23 am
Wow, pretty impressive!!!
Thanks, glad you like it.

User avatar
LeVzi
KVRAF
2102 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:45 am

I love the way this thing sounds, really cool. Well done :)
Forward ever, Backward never

SirkusPi
KVRist
278 posts since 14 Aug, 2012

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:31 pm

mike_o wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:50 am
SirkusPi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am
Congratulations on the release! I assume as a Reaktor ensemble there's no demo, which is unfortunate, but I'm very much looking forward to checking out the many videos, which look to be reasonably thorough, and the price seems fair if Scratch Master Pro works as I hope.

Thank you for saying this, I had completely forgotten to add the demo download link to my site.

It's updated now and yes you can demo it like other commercial Reaktor releases for 30 min at a time.

Let me know if you have any issue trying out the demo mode.
Terrific! I'll be checking out the demo in anticipation of a purchase in the next few days!

mike_o
KVRist
50 posts since 2 Aug, 2011

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:21 am

SirkusPi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:31 pm
mike_o wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:50 am
SirkusPi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am
Congratulations on the release! I assume as a Reaktor ensemble there's no demo, which is unfortunate, but I'm very much looking forward to checking out the many videos, which look to be reasonably thorough, and the price seems fair if Scratch Master Pro works as I hope.

Thank you for saying this, I had completely forgotten to add the demo download link to my site.

It's updated now and yes you can demo it like other commercial Reaktor releases for 30 min at a time.

Let me know if you have any issue trying out the demo mode.
Terrific! I'll be checking out the demo in anticipation of a purchase in the next few days!

Cool, let me know if you have any questions.

SirkusPi
KVRist
278 posts since 14 Aug, 2012

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:52 pm

I admit I'm far from a Reaktor expert (indeed, I'm a Reaktor almost-novice), but I'm a bit frustrated I couldn't figure out how to play my own samples before the 30 minute demo window expired. I could load it into the sample editor on the bottom, but not figure out how to get it to play in the instrument proper.

In that regard, the manual wasn't really any help, at least to someone who doesn't have a Reaktor background like me. I'll check out the videos tomorrow to see if there's any guidance there. If not, could you give me some direction? Playing around with the built-in samples was a lot of fun, and it looks like the ensemble can do what I want (and more!), but I want to at least have an understanding of how to actually play my own samples before making a purchase.

(And I freely admit this may be basic, generally-applicable Reaktor knowledge that I simply lack and that anyone more familiar with the program would have, so I apologize for not knowing what I'm sure is a very obvious solution.)

EDIT: To be clear, I do have full Reaktor 6, but I've always just used it to load "ready to go" synth ensembles, so I've never had to deal with loading up my own samples. I've done some online searching, but I must be using the wrong search terms, because I see lots of explanations of how to load a sample, but I've failed to find anything explaining how to use them yet.
Last edited by SirkusPi on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

thagreatbelow
KVRist
67 posts since 19 Oct, 2008

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 pm

First off, this looks sick as f**k. I’ve never seen a plug-in like this! Great work!

But whyyyyyyyyyy did you have to use reaktor?? It’s SUCH a pain!

SirkusPi
KVRist
278 posts since 14 Aug, 2012

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:37 am

thagreatbelow wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 pm
First off, this looks sick as f**k. I’ve never seen a plug-in like this! Great work!

But whyyyyyyyyyy did you have to use reaktor?? It’s SUCH a pain!
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. But it looks cool and useful enough that I'm willing to deal with Reaktor, if only I can figure out how (as per my post above)! :?

dusted william
KVRAF
4800 posts since 18 Dec, 2000

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:48 am

can we create our own Scratch Action Envelopes?

enCiphered
KVRian
597 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 am

Is there a wet/dry button to control the scratch-amount? The initial sound source files in the demos are absolutely unrecognisable when the effect is applied.
Last edited by enCiphered on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dionenoid
KVRist
488 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:00 am

SirkusPi wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:52 pm
I admit I'm far from a Reaktor expert (indeed, I'm a Reaktor almost-novice), but I'm a bit frustrated I couldn't figure out how to play my own samples before the 30 minute demo window expired. I could load it into the sample editor on the bottom, but not figure out how to get it to play in the instrument proper.
When you've loaded one of your own samples in the sample editor, you have to choose it from the list with presets. Bank 3 and 4 are for your own samples i believe. At least that's what i could find out in my 30 minutes with it.

I didn't read the manual yet tho. It was getting late and i just wanted to scratch around a little :wink:

It sounds cool tho, but also wonder about some sort of dry/wet control as some scratch actions don't really sound like the sound you're scratching with.

The interface is pretty daunting at first. I think it could do with some emphasis on switches that are really important. 30 minutes doesn't really cut it when trying this, because of so many options.

Still on the fence of buying it. Maybe the maker can give us some more tips. Because it sure sounds awesome, not only for pure scratching but also for cool glitchy fx. But it's not that straightforward to use.
More BPM please

mike_o
KVRist
50 posts since 2 Aug, 2011

Re: Scratch Master Pro is Live and Available

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:27 pm

SirkusPi wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:52 pm
I admit I'm far from a Reaktor expert (indeed, I'm a Reaktor almost-novice), but I'm a bit frustrated I couldn't figure out how to play my own samples before the 30 minute demo window expired. I could load it into the sample editor on the bottom, but not figure out how to get it to play in the instrument proper.

In that regard, the manual wasn't really any help, at least to someone who doesn't have a Reaktor background like me. I'll check out the videos tomorrow to see if there's any guidance there. If not, could you give me some direction? Playing around with the built-in samples was a lot of fun, and it looks like the ensemble can do what I want (and more!), but I want to at least have an understanding of how to actually play my own samples before making a purchase.

(And I freely admit this may be basic, generally-applicable Reaktor knowledge that I simply lack and that anyone more familiar with the program would have, so I apologize for not knowing what I'm sure is a very obvious solution.)

EDIT: To be clear, I do have full Reaktor 6, but I've always just used it to load "ready to go" synth ensembles, so I've never had to deal with loading up my own samples. I've done some online searching, but I must be using the wrong search terms, because I see lots of explanations of how to load a sample, but I've failed to find anything explaining how to use them yet.
I'll make a video detailing how to do this later on today for you.

Return to “Instruments”