Synth 1 gone sour

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I know it’s from days far gone, but apparently still highly rated here on KVR, but in my case I’m finding synth 1 has gotten glitchy, unpredictable and unstable. Sometimes making my daw crash or the floating preset window stay stuck. (Mojave os latest, ableton 9.7)
Is the dream over? I remember back in the day this used to be one of my go to instrument!
Time to let it go?
paz por esos mundos

Thank God. I thought it was just me. I pulled it up the other day and it immediately crashed Cubase. First time that has ever happened and I'm using the 64 bit version. Not sure what happened but I can't use it anymore.

Very strange.

Yeah, unfortunately the last version of the Mac Synth1 has always been unstable. You can search and find reports of that going back to 2015 when it was released.

So much so that when Ichiro moved to a new website recently, he excluded the Mac version:
https://daichilab.sakura.ne.jp/softsynth/index.html

Can't say I know of a solution though. :(
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

It’s a bit unstable on PC these days as well. It also, seemingly, randomly doesn’t recall settings from other versions in old sessions which has screwed me up quite a bit.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Okay, so does anybody know what happened?

It might be worth running Synth1 as a standalone with Tone 2's
hosting app, to unearth clues, rule out suspects etc?

I've noticed the word 'removing' flash by in the text output
of recent software installs that install their own
c++ redistributable, followed by some strange goings-on.
I need to do some installer log snooping. I don't like
installers that tamper, and don't like the pasta-bowl of
redistributables growing like a sci-fi creature. And just try
getting some support staff guy to look outside their playbook,
at an insidious mess that's been in the making for years :scared:
There are some things that quit working
in win 7, but the same thing is working OK
in linux/wine/reaper :dog:

Cheers

Mac is crap.. Everyone just pile your apple garbage to a big pile and burn it :party:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:00 am Mac is crap.. Everyone just pile your apple garbage to a big pile and burn it :party:
What's wrong with you?

ON TOPIC: personally haven't been able to use it for awhile, too buggy unfortunately.

I can confirm that Synth1 crashes regularly under Logic Pro X when changing presets.

What vst equivalents to Synth1 is there commercially and freeware wise

Hmmm... used Synth1 in my last track without any problems, while that project does throw quite a load on my machine (50 tracks, 200+ plugins). Runs stable without a hick-up.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

surreal wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:37 am What vst equivalents to Synth1 is there commercially and freeware wise
Sylenth1 is probably the closest.

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's anti-virtue signalling when DH is in the mood. Bless.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:52 am
surreal wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:37 am What vst equivalents to Synth1 is there commercially and freeware wise
Sylenth1 is probably the closest.
Must rather be Discodsp Discovery, also based on Nordlead. At least it has FM which Sylenth doesn't.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”