AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
fananteam
KVRist
40 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:47 am

AnyText, an advanced text encoder vsti has just released. AnyText is a bonus VST instrument that doesn't makes any sound, but allowing high grade text to audio encoding \ decoding. It uses a complex random algorithm and high grade audio synthesis and audio manipulation to morph text into audio signal and seeds it into a existing audio track. It generates an intelligent text messages that based on ID number address, which means that only the addressed ID would be able to read the text message. AnyText encoded is part of Fanan teams pack and the first swallow of text and images encoding \ decoding future software development line. A demo is available for downloading at
https://www.fananteampro.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52IyDVE-qhM

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3387 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am

Is there any use case??? I simply can't imagine any... There are much easier ways to communicate text messages...

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
54977 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:08 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am
Is there any use case??? I simply can't imagine any... There are much easier ways to communicate text messages...
spying!
adds an extra dimension if spies need to be proficient in audio engineering and music too.

User avatar
cyrb
KVRer
15 posts since 11 Jun, 2019

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:22 pm

perfect for studio slaves "send help" :lol:

fananteam
KVRist
40 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am
Is there any use case??? I simply can't imagine any... There are much easier ways to communicate text messages...
It's all about privacy. The fact is that in the nowadays there is not even 50% safe way to keep a conversation between 2 or more people private. All the conversations that relay on the known popular encrypted applications like whatsapp or messenger are stored on communication behemoths servers or on some cloud servers. If someone powerful enough desires to peep them, he finally will. Think about places on the glob where the big brother is totally everywhere... In that case, semi-offline messaging method is your best friend, since the message is not just stored in an improved safe-box, but it's totally morphed into something else. It's like the difference between storing a banana in a big, heavy steel box and morphing the banana into an apple. If I'd like to grab the banana, I'll find a way to break the steel box. On the other case, there is nothing I can do when the banana is actually morphed into another fruit that I have no idea which. And that would be much significant when talking about private photos (but this will be discussed in it's own post).

fairlyclose
KVRist
240 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:41 pm

neat idea, although given that where I live a person can be tried in secret and imprisoned in secret and where it is an offense to reveal anything about the trial or imprisonment including the name of the person imprisoned the best defense is to be incredibly uninteresting. At least that is my strategy :)

with your system an automated brute force method would crack it tho, so you are still relying on anonymity to some extent

to make that a bit harder you could make it so that anything fed into the algorithm pumps out a valid bit of text (or photo, much harder), so that an automated system would generate lots of false positives

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
1676 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Steganography for private photos of bananas in steel boxes? Kinky!
OLOKUN - Survival Kit - now on iTunes, CDBaby, and Spotify

Videos: The Beat | Crossing to Safety

fananteam
KVRist
40 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:35 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:41 pm
neat idea, although given that where I live a person can be tried in secret and imprisoned in secret and where it is an offense to reveal anything about the trial or imprisonment including the name of the person imprisoned the best defense is to be incredibly uninteresting. At least that is my strategy :)

with your system an automated brute force method would crack it tho, so you are still relying on anonymity to some extent

to make that a bit harder you could make it so that anything fed into the algorithm pumps out a valid bit of text (or photo, much harder), so that an automated system would generate lots of false positives
You're definitely right... :wink:
And there is also "quantity storm" strategy. Send an hidden message together with 1000 other legit files in the same folder and it would take about 10 years to try finding which is what...

fananteam
KVRist
40 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Winstontaneous wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:13 pm
Steganography for private photos of bananas in steel boxes? Kinky!
:hihi: and you forgot the apples...

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3387 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:16 am

fananteam wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm
Tj Shredder wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am
Is there any use case??? I simply can't imagine any... There are much easier ways to communicate text messages...
It's all about privacy. The fact is that in the nowadays there is not even 50% safe way to keep a conversation between 2 or more people private.
This quote is 100% false.
Is your method open source? Then one could proof if its as safe as strong encryption if not, better don‘t touch it!
Why as VST? No idea...
Your method will more likely be hacked in seconds...; - )
It looks a bit like security by obscurity...(100% chance to fail...)
Btw. you can combine steganography with strong encryption. But standalone would be more helpful than a VST...

fananteam
KVRist
40 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:45 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:16 am
fananteam wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm
Tj Shredder wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am
Is there any use case??? I simply can't imagine any... There are much easier ways to communicate text messages...
It's all about privacy. The fact is that in the nowadays there is not even 50% safe way to keep a conversation between 2 or more people private.
This quote is 100% false.
Is your method open source? Then one could proof if its as safe as strong encryption if not, better don‘t touch it!
Why as VST? No idea...
Your method will more likely be hacked in seconds...; - )
It looks a bit like security by obscurity...(100% chance to fail...)
Btw. you can combine steganography with strong encryption. But standalone would be more helpful than a VST...
Mmm... no. It's not just steganogreaphy. It does uses some elements of this method, but it has it's twist. It has been tested for a while by some professionals which couldn't hack it in the traditional way or at all, so their conclusion was "ecxelent for personal use, unless you're oppressed by goverments". That's our Audience.

Why vsti? Well, it's kinda first step to something bigger. If we see that people would love to see this project growing, it will grow.

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3387 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:46 am

Open source??? How does the audio sound? What kind of cryptography are you using? If that isn‘t clear it is security by obscurity and useless.
Are your „professionals“ cryptography experts or occasional hackers? Normal IT experts won‘t be able to confirm if its hackable or not. Standard strong cryptography is not hackable without quantum computers...

fananteam
KVRist
40 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Re: AnyText - an advanced text encoder vsti

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:46 am
Open source??? How does the audio sound? What kind of cryptography are you using? If that isn‘t clear it is security by obscurity and useless.
Are your „professionals“ cryptography experts or occasional hackers? Normal IT experts won‘t be able to confirm if its hackable or not. Standard strong cryptography is not hackable without quantum computers...
I think the best way to describe our method without exposing it to a danger is a mix of some steganogreaphy approaches and blowfish. And from that point, you'll have to download the demo and try to hack by yourself :wink:
Just a little point to mention: hacking is always a function of resources ,manpower and it's talent, so you have to carefully choose your encoding tools according to the treasure you're trying to hide and the abilities of your rivals. If your rival is a superpower government like russia, china or usa, you better have more than 10$ in your pocket.

Return to “Instruments”