Bitwig 3.1 - are you upgrading?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anttimaatteri wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:51 pm lolz, the last 4 years...and its not even a sales statistics, as it looks like some random forum poll too. not even the amount of voters is mentioned, which makes it statistically absolute trash.^^
Before you laugh you should be aware that you don´t have any clue...

1. do your own search and you´ll see the trend is the same since 2004 (older dates are not available) ... so 4 years??? if you could read you´ll see above it´s a) 5 years and b) as I said it´s the same for the last 15 years

2. Good luck to find any realistic sale statistics for DAWs... the only trend you´ll find is how often people were insterested in what and I would bet the sale statistics will look very very similar...

3. Ableton is perhaps very very popular for EDM producers but all the others??? How big is the EDM scene compared to all other music produced on earth... 5%???

4. ... not even the amount of voters is mentioned??? This is a statistic of how many people searched for the corresponding term worldwide... so I guess this were far more "voters" than ever needed for a respresentative statistic...

:tu:

Trancit wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 pm ... Live has dominated the DAW market without this feature, ...
Where did you get the crazy idea from that Ableton was ever even close to be able to do so???

Live never ever dominated any market:

Charts.jpg
My point was Ableton did well enough without ever implementing comping, they are a massive and successful company.

Does Fruity Loops even have audio Comping? If not, QED.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Trancit wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:23 pm
3. Ableton is perhaps very very popular for EDM producers but all the others??? How big is the EDM scene compared to all other music produced on earth... 5%???
Who do you think is using the 'most popular' Fruity Loops, it is probably the DAW most geared towards EDM and came out top of your poll! It has little dancing animated characters for Christ sake!

Normal music (!) pop, R+B, soul, rock etc...generally recorded in professional studios probably with Protools or Cubase or Logic. If Bitwig add comping, it still wont be used in these Studios to record bands.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Guys,Do you have any idea how many PROs(People with Stable income from music) use Pro Tools? Studio One?
How many people stuck to apple ecosystem use Logic?

DAWs aren't made to just produce EDM. If there is some serious basic function missing,it's a problem.
Yes,It is absolutely necessary to have track comping. We can live without it,but would we really WANT to?

and don't worry,I left bitwig on 2.5. A DAW that can't sort basic Click and Pops problems isn't a workable daw for me.Sorry,but as i might have said earlier, Bitwig is just a hot girl with a saggy butt. And I'm not returning back until they sort some basic shit with this software.

newtobitwig wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 pm Guys,Do you have any idea how many PROs(People with Stable income from music) use Pro Tools? Studio One?
How many people stuck to apple ecosystem use Logic?

DAWs aren't made to just produce EDM. If there is some serious basic function missing,it's a problem.
Yes,It is absolutely necessary to have track comping. We can live without it,but would we really WANT to?

and don't worry,I left bitwig on 2.5. A DAW that can't sort basic Click and Pops problems isn't a workable daw for me.Sorry,but as i might have said earlier, Bitwig is just a hot girl with a saggy butt. And I'm not returning back until they sort some basic shit with this software.
I'm curious, why did you buy a DAW that doesn't have track comping if you need track comping?
You should probably change your user name now if you have moved on :hihi:

Live and Bitwig's great grandparent... http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari ... 35042.html

Get off my lawn.

I'm not upgrading. I am selling mine £180 with updates to 19th May 2010. Listed in KVR Sell & Buy.

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:58 pm I'm curious, why did you buy a DAW that doesn't have track comping if you need track comping?
Haha Nice Joke

HAHA

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:58 pm I'm curious, why did you buy a DAW that doesn't have track comping if you need track comping?
The thing is, as i said, We could live without track comping. I just used another daw for recordings and stuff and rest I used Bitwig,but the clicks and pops everytime i solo a track really sucked. All the good things about bitwig and all the cool modulation stuff are not worth it if I can't even produce a track with ease.I bought it thinking the clicks problem might be only a small bug and will be fixed in upcoming x.y.Z update. But it never did and sadly I had to part ways.

newtobitwig wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:42 am
The thing is, as i said, We could live without track comping. I just used another daw for recordings and stuff and rest I used Bitwig,but the clicks and pops everytime i solo a track really sucked. All the good things about bitwig and all the cool modulation stuff are not worth it if I can't even produce a track with ease.I bought it thinking the clicks problem might be only a small bug and will be fixed in upcoming x.y.Z update. But it never did and sadly I had to part ways.
Indeed, clicks and pops are never acceptable in any type of DAW! I don't have this issue (I can only assume most dont or no one would be using it!) so I can't realy help, but I know how you feel as I did once have this problem and it was down to my sound card having a different buffer size to the buffer set in BWS...took me months to work that out!

Hopefully it will get sorted at some point and you can demo and come back @ some future version (It may even have comping before Live gets it :wink: )!

Unfortunately the click and pops solo bug is a common issue - driver is unrelated, usually happens with audio and especially larger track counts. If you’re working mostly with midi you probably won’t ever notice it. Bitwig is my favorite DAW and really hope they fix that bug in the near future, can be a huge drag for sure - especially if you need to send someone stems and you can’t tell if the pop is on the file or not, you have to play everything twice to make sure.

For me it happens too only if I solo a track... and only on the start of other clips

To me it seems like the initial transients of the other unsoloed clips are already in the sound buffer and make noise on playback even if their source is muted...
I don´t know if this is the reason but I got 10ms latency here and the clicks here sound to be about the same duration...

If so I don´t know if it wouldn´t be possible for the Bitwigs to clear the buffer if something is soloed... but perhaps they would have done already if it would be that easy... :)

John_T wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 pm I'm not upgrading. I am selling mine £180 with updates to 19th May 2010. Listed in KVR Sell & Buy.
Wow, that's retro! :-o
Signatures are so early 2000s.

One thing to bear in mind with clicks/pops and general graphics issues is that I think the devs *are* doing work on those issues with each release, they just know it's an ongoing battle so probably don't want to announce it and give the impression that they've fixed it for everyone (which is pretty much impossible in the land of DAWs).

I definitely noticed gradual improvement of stability & CPU load over the course of the late v2 -> v3 releases, despite them never mentioning anything explicit about what they were doing under the hood. I do work 90% of the time with an extremely large buffer size though (2048) because I'm addicted to silly plugins.

not now... will wait till summer.

Return to “Bitwig”