N.I. Straylight...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dandezebra wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:59 am Go Sample Logic! Ha! I wonder if library developers are happy or unhappy about the sample import thing.
Free feature update by Sample Logic? :hihi: I predict They will bring that feature in yet another iteration of their "most powerful engine" with the same kind of sample content as always... "now with user sample import" for $399 and a special loyalty upgrade price of $199.

(I do own a bunch of their libraries though, I just wish they were a bit more customer-friendly)

Soniccouture charges NOTHING for adding this functionality, just sayin...

I have problem with drag and drop to Haunted Space (both Kontakt and Haunted Space updated to newest version) in my daw Mixcraft. Now in the forum there I got a strange answer that BOTH libraries, the one to import to and the one where the sample comes from have to support this but I cant imagine thats true cause that would make it useless at the moment and in the Soniccouture video there is nothing said about this. Evil Dragon can you say something to this ?

Quite a number of 3rd party devs that I spoke to were loving it. Doesn't seem like anyone objected against it.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:18 pm Quite a number of 3rd party devs that I spoke to were loving it. Doesn't seem like anyone objected against it.
Is there, technically, a way for a developer to automatically save a copy of the dragged-and-dropped wav file to a safe place when I store the snapshot, or do I have to do that manually?

I fear that when I cleanse my WAV ssd one day, I'll inadvertently delete quite a few required files otherwise, I know me...

Not yet but there will be soon.

I have a question regarding the tuning.
Will Kontakt automap every imported sample file and tune it properly? Lets say I want to insert a sample which contains a loop of a riff in A minor. Or a pad which was recorded in D#. Will both files correspond the notes of my controller when I press D# or play in A minor?

There are KSP commands for pitch, peak and RMS loudness detection, etc. This is all handled by the script, so it's up to the developer to provide that functionality.

Cool, thank you.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:42 pm Not yet but there will be soon.
Good to know, thanks!

that BOTH libraries, the one to import to and the one where the sample comes from have to support this
So this IS true ? :o

No that sounds weird. If a library is scripted to support user draggable files, it will support dropping WAV, NCW, AIFF files from your hard drive. Doesn't care about other libraries at all.

Thanks for the clearification :-).

Is there any help/advise/userguide or whatever for a so-far sample-noob HOW the files have to be to work as then "multisampled/multiplayable tonal sounds" in Kontakt ? After having good results with some first tries I realized that most of the waves I drag onto Haunted Space (no matter if single wave files or multiple with a range of notes) does not result into playable notes but just stayed on one tone :-( so it seems either the detection or the "spreading" of the notes just had not worked as it should.

There's an option in Haunted Spaces that disables pitch tracking (and it's possible to set this for each layer separately). Read the manual :)

Eyeing this off for a Black Friday grab. I have a few options I’m considering though. Really dig the added functionality with 1.5

Return to “Instruments”