Best delay ATM? EchoBoy or Valhalla Delay?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think I have a good delay, I often use FL Delay 3, but I most often use the Traktor one in Guitar Rig.
Anyway, with EchoBoy being special, what would you go for; EchoBoy or Valhalla (they seem to be the favs... and both $50 right now)? Or something else maybe?

I'll do some research of my own... but you now, just seeing what people reckon. :tu:

Found this right away, so that's handy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l06DbZnBuq0

Vallhalla delay is a gemstone of a plugin
You can use it as character plugin , set delay to 0ms no feedback and turn up the drive /aging
Works especially well in HI-fi mode , same procedure in digital mode to add some digital grit
A twenty second delay buffer makes it a great looper too
Best purchase ever
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

NI Replika XT IMO. Don't know any other delay which sounds so crystal clear "high end" (but can sound very dirty as well, depending on the selected mode and parameters).

49 € at the moment as well.

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:12 am NI Replika XT IMO.

Oh right... I forgot about that one, I often use Replika as well, and do quite like it. Yes, I'll check out the XT version.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:59 am Vallhalla delay is a gemstone of a plugin
You can use it as character plugin , set delay to 0ms no feedback and turn up the drive /aging
Works especially well in HI-fi mode , same procedure in digital mode to add some digital grit
Best purchase ever
I might just end up with both, I am leaning towards EchoBoy, because it's on special, but also because it has more options than I realized, I didn't know about the drop-down sections that reveal the extra knobs until I watched the above video.

an-electric-heart wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:16 am

Oh right... I forgot about that one, I often use Replika as well, and do quite like it. Yes, I'll check out the XT version.
25 € then. :D (for the upgrade)

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:26 am
an-electric-heart wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:16 am

25 € then. :D (for the upgrade)
Cool, yip, I've got Komplete, I didn't know there was an upgrade path... I might be getting a bunch of delays. :hihi:

Valhalla Delay and Color Copy <3 (+ Modnetic :D )
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

The Replika XT update is highly recommended for € 24,50.

Valhalla Delay is no doubt one of the best newcomers of 2019 and imo it's worth every cent of the usual price. I have quite a few delays already, so I won't buy Valhalla Delay though. But you really should try the demo.

My other favourite delays are Audiority Echoes T7E, Audiority PlexiTape, D16 Repeater and D16 Tekturon in no particular order. The first three I use if I want a different sound than Replika XT. Tekturon is great for creating delay patterns. The Audiority delays can also be used as very good pre-amps btw.

I haven't used Echoboy, but I've watched some videos. Echoboy is Replika XT, Repeater and Tekturon combined I believe.

legendCNCD wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:50 am Valhalla Delay and Color Copy <3 (+ Modnetic :D )
Oh yeah, Color Copy is other big one, but I kind of got the impression that it was underwhelming as far as U-He products go (maybe I got that from just one comment I read a while ago, and I've been given a false impression, that can happen), and people generally prefer Soundtoys or Valhalla. I don't know though. :shrug:

I tried Colour Copy one time, and found it too dark and dirty for my needs. More of a character, bucket brigade/whatever kind of delay.

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:00 pm I tried Colour Copy one time, and found it too dark and dirty for my needs. More of a character, bucket brigade/whatever kind of delay.
If you want a BBD delay that's dark and dirty, then again:

Replika XT

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:59 am Vallhalla delay is a gemstone of a plugin
Best purchase ever
This can be done with Echoboy as well...

Return to “Effects”