DDMF MagicDeathEye compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in for BF sale!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Calenberger wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:02 pm 40% off this weekend...
Excellent :clap:
himalaya wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:21 pm I've had an eye on the MagicDeathEye. Is it really full of magic? :D
I think so. I've compared it against probably a dozen other compressors at this point, for mastering purposes, and I find it always sounds at least a little bit better. It's also really forgiving (or as a lot of people over on Gearslutz described it, "respectful of the material") and easy to dial in.

It's not going to make drums super aggressive or anything but it's really nice glue and polish :)

himalaya wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:21 pm I've had an eye on the MagicDeathEye. Is it really full of magic? :D
It is a remarkable master buss plugin compressor, a true "groove" machine.
Do the following test: take two semi-coherent distinct drum loops and put MDE in the master buss.
Play with the speed settings at 1-2 db compression. It can make them sound like they are part of the
same groove.

It is not magic, but it is quite uncanny!

cfanyc wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:55 pm It is not magic, but it is quite uncanny!
Eye see what you did there.... :borg:

vitocorleone123 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:11 pm
cfanyc wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:55 pm It is not magic, but it is quite uncanny!
:lol: You guys will be the death of me!

plexuss wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:31 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:11 pm
:lol: You guys will be the death of me!
:dog: :clap:

I missed a deal? Would love to get this baby, are there any BF deals?

Tomorrow.

BF sale is on now.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Anyone compared MagicDeathEye to other top-notch compressors, specifically the Pulsar Audio Mu, Fuse Audios Mu-Leveller / Limiter, Sonimus TuCo and Klanghelm Mjuc ??

I feel like 2019 will enter audio gear history as the year of variMu compressors and tape cassette emulations!
Last edited by Obsolete236871 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I only compared to Pulsar MU and MJUC. MDE is a gentler compressor, you almost don't hear it compress, but absolutely in the same league as all the big dawgs.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:19 pm 17 pages of discussion over MDE.
Could you give a short summary?

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:07 pm Anyone compared MagicDeathEye to other top-notch compressors, specifically the Pulsar Audio Mu, Fuse Audios Mu-Leveller / Limiter, Sonimus TuCo and Klanghelm Mjuc ??

I feel like 2019 will enter audio gear history as the year of variMu compressors and tape cassette emulations!
Mu --> excellent but for glue, not groove
Fuse --> donnot know & cannot comment
Tuco & Mjuc --> not in the same league

v1o wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:32 pm I only compared to Pulsar MU and MJUC. MDE is a gentler compressor, you almost don't hear it compress, but absolutely in the same league as all the big dawgs.
I respectfully dissent.

This plugin and the original hw unit it models are not a transparent compressor used for
volume increase (hence inaudible when volume-matched) but a compressor revered
for its musicality.

The effect of MDE on the mixbuss, when used even at a 1-2 db or more GR and when properly timed
with the groove of the music, is very strongly discernible even to the untrained ear.

Return to “Effects”